This job is currently Archived,
Senior Manager CWA & Formulation Beerse Belgium,
Johnson & Johnson (company)
Posted on : 01 May 2017
Operations Manager CWA/formulation
The Senior Operations manager is responsible for the operations organization delivering products and the corresponding documentation in line with Safety, Health, Environment and-Q-regulations and customer requirements. He/She reports into the Business Unit Director Liquids & Creams. Within the company strategic workplace innovation program the Senior Operations Manager will give direction, support and actively coach the team and team members during their journey towards more autonomy, partnership and co-ownership resulting in shared leadership.
- Manages on a daily basis the pre-weighing and formulation activities (ca 1500 batches/y)
- Ensures supervision and coaching of manufacturing team coaches, manufacturing support specialists and operations support specialist.
- Acts as a servant leader according to the JSC priorities: Safety Quality Reliability and productivity. This in close collaboration with all functions and stakeholders.
- Lives the Credo and company values actively and continuously expands his/her knowledge and the expertise of his/her team.
- Has a good safety and quality mindset. Maintains the operations under his/her responsibility in compliance with SHE and GMP regulations, evaluates production performance on a day to day basis and takes action where needed. Represents the site as a spokesperson during audits and inspections.
- Ensures that key performance indicators regarding SHE Q schedule and cost are met in alignment with company Global strategy and objectives.
- Initiates action to prevent missed commitments. Examines production and operating reports and oversees actions taken to resolve safety, quality and operational problems.
- Is a champion in the implementation of a continuous improvement culture, continuously challenges the status quo and leads the development and implementation of initiatives that improve overall organizational performance in a sustainable way.
- Builds a culture of high engagement at all levels in his organization.
- Delivers input to the Business Unit Director for preparing the yearly budget cycle and managing the cost centers according to the approved budget
- Master s degree in Engineering, Sciences or equivalent.
- At least 8 to 10 years working experience, preferably in the Chemical/Pharmaceutical industry.
- Strong mindset for Health and Safety and Environment regulations and guidelines.
- Strong quality mindset and compliance orientation, clear understanding of compliance requirements (cGMP and other specific legislation/guidelines applicable to the API, internal company requirements & guidelines)
- Successful in Lean practices, such as Change Management, Continuous Improvement, &
- Strong people leader, must be capable of managing the various aspects of leadership and personnel strategy in technical environment with various categories of staff.
- Engaging energy and enthusiasm in teams and people all over the department and organization.
- Excellent communicator, able to build a network and create win-win solutions both in internal, cross departmental and cross site contacts.
- Able to operate within a matrix organization
- Fluency in Dutch and in English (spoken and written).
Find a Job Find Candidates