Senior Manager / Associate Director & Project Management - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Senior Manager / Associate Director, Project Management Reports Into: VP, Project Management Summary & Scope of Position:
- This position is responsible for the management and coordination of activities involved in the planning, conduct and on-time completion of assigned drug development projects including the management of deliverables, adherence to budget, and ongoing risk mitigation.
- The Project Manager will support the Project Team Leader(s) and cross-functional project teams to ensure the project is completed on time, within budget, and with high quality to support corporate strategy.
- Cross-functional team members may include any of the following: research, development, manufacturing, quality, supply chain, regulatory, clinical operations, finance, accounting, business development and marketing.
- Support the Project Team Leader to ensure the execution and control of project activities
- Develop detailed project plans in conjunction with program team leader and team members including timelines, resources, risk management, communication plans, and budgets
- Provide project coordination and communication in support of cross-functional teams
- Identify and track the project's critical path - identify risks, formulate and monitor corrective courses of action
- Identify and track key study metrics in order to identify/anticipate issues (early) and conduct root-cause investigations for issue resolution and/or escalation (as needed)
- Identify changes to the approved project plan and manage through a change control process which reviews impact on timelines, budget and resources
- Integrate understanding of constraints across and within projects and recommend alternatives
- Track project activities & budget and communicate status to management and accounting
- Schedule, develop agendas, conduct and draft minutes for project team meetings and ensure regular, efficient team and stakeholder communication
- Communicate information to team members and senior management.
- Communication methods include distribution of minutes, creation of project dashboards, careful document archiving and face-to-fact interactions, as appropriate.
- Conduct project/program reviews at significant milestones or gates to evaluate successes as compared to baseline estimates
- Support oversight of contracts and outsourced activities with multiple vendors, CROs, CMOs, and business partners
- Candidate must also be willing to be challenged to take on new opportunities and apply their project management and other skills to support diverse company initiatives beyond management of a project development team.
- BS Biology or science-related field
- 5+ years pharma/biotech industry experience, specifically in the development of therapeutics
- 3+ years in project management desired
- Oncology experience a plus.
- Superior written, verbal communication, organizational and people skills.
- Facility with MS Office suite, MS Project & excellent Excel skills are required. Experience with analytics software and use of intranet to distribute project information is a plus.
- Ability to travel, about 10%
- Our company is at the forefront of discovery, development and commercialization of breakthrough immunotherapies, alone or in combination that make transformative advances in the treatment of challenging diseases.
- We provide a workplace where employees excel, thrive and deliver value to patients, their families and our partners.
- Our company offers a competitive salary and benefits package.