Senior Maintenance Technician (Fixed Term Contract) - Ireland
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Independently execute advanced maintenance activities on mechanical equipment in accordance with established guidelines and operating procedures.
- Perform advanced maintenance and troubleshooting in support of company production facilities while assuring minimal impact to all facility and plant operations while in compliance with good maintenance practices, SOP’s and GMP requirements.
GMP and Compliance
- Perform various housekeeping duties, e.g., clean work areas and equipment, etc.
- Maintain training status up to date.
- Ensure work is completed in a safe compliant manner in accordance with applicable procedures.
Non-Conformance and CAPA
- Participates in Non-conformances and supports triage process when required.
- Support process/system Root Cause Analysis investigations.
New Product Introductions & Process or Equipment Modifications
- Basic support and/or start-up of new equipment to ensure it meets all mechanical design specifications.
- Assist with the development and execution of validation documents for mechanical equipment and support the qualification activity.
- Ensure that maintenance documentation is completed accurately and in accordance with applicable procedures.
- Develop, revise & review related technical documents (Maintenance SOP’s, Job Plans, HECP’s etc.).
Projects and Continuous Improvement
- Recommend and implement improvement ideas to enhance the mechanical maintenance function and other business processes.
- May coordinate small teams of technicians for assigned tasks.
Primary Knowledge and Education
- Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings and P&ID’s
- Recognized apprenticeship in an electrical / mechanical craft plus Leaving Certificate as a minimum requirement
- Combined education, training and experience in mechanical / electrical maintenance with experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing
- Any relevant experience in a Grade A environment would be an advantage
- Knowledge of pneumatic, mechanical and hydraulic systems and ability to effectively perform associated maintenance activities
- Knowledge and experience working in a highly regulated function
- Experience executing and documenting maintenance work orders in the Maximo computerized maintenance management system
- Ability to interpret P&ID's
- Ability to work with minimum direction and communicate issues and status of tasks in a timely manner