This job is currently Archived,
Senior Maintenance Mechanic Millsboro United States,
Posted on : 09 June 2017
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- Company Animal Health is seeking a highly motivated individual as a Maintenance Mechanic in the Maintenance and Engineering Department at our Delaware Manufacturing and R&D Sites.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for installing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing equipment, utility systems, and buildings needed for the testing, manufacturing, storage, and packaging of Animal Health Vaccines and related materials.
- The successful candidate shall perform general maintenance, mechanical, and electrical troubleshooting on equipment systems, and will also need to be experienced with process controls and instrumentation within the plant and the facility.
- Responsibilities also include performing preventative maintenance on assigned equipment.
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to: direct involvement in the overall maintenance, inspection and repair of highly technical equipment, facilities, and utilities in a biopharmaceutical Industrial/Manufacturing environment.
- This position partners with manufacturing leaders to ensure production equipment needs are prioritized
- Responsible for preventative maintenance, corrective maintenance and troubleshooting of manufacturing and facility equipment/infrastructure.
- Routine Operations will include troubleshooting and maintaining equipment, performing root cause analysis on system failures and substandard equipment performance, using standard problem solving tools and methods to resolve machine and system issues in some cases under aseptic/clean room conditions.
- Experience with pneumatic and electronic controls, wiring methods, and instrumentation is required.
- Operate efficiently, all hand/power tools, test instruments and equipment normally used by this trade and maintain/return in good condition.
- Ability to perform work outside of trade to including general maintenance duties as assigned by Management.
- afety requirements are strongly adhered to; this individual must be attentive to his/her own safety and the safety of others in the workplace.
Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED is required
- Minimum of 5 years industrial work experience (preferably in the Biotech / pharmaceutical GMP manufacturing industry).
- Experience with general plumbing and pipefitting work.
- Experience with electrical and controls in industrial settings.
- Experience with plant steam and chilled water systems
- Ability to read and interpret blue-prints/schematics in electrical, hydraulics, pneumatics or mechanical systems
- Valid driver s license
- Must be able to meet all physical requirements associated with this job, including but not limited to: lifting/carrying up to 50lbs
- Experience working within OSHA General Industry standards including hot work and lockout tag out.
- Applicants should actively support, participate and embrace an empowered team culture and have excellent communication skills
- Applicant should have previously demonstrated strong team skills, flexibility, motivation, ability to troubleshoot/problem solve, with a strong emphasis around safety and compliance practices.
- Biotech / pharmaceutical GMP manufacturing industry experience.
- Working knowledge of equipment programmable logic controllers (PLCs) such as Allen Bradley, Rockwell, Delta V, Siemens, etc.
- Experience with Biopharmaceutical processing equipment including Autoclaves, glass washers, Process Water systems, Injection systems, Freeze Driers, Bioreactors, Steam in place systems, clean steam generators, etc. .
- Clean room Filling and Packaging experience
- Experience maintaining computerized records using current maintenance software (SAP)
- Working knowledge with an automated building management system (Siemens and JCI)
- Experience working within OSHA General Industry standards including electrical safety, elevated work, and confined space.
- Interaction with internal customers and external vendors
- Lean Six Sigma and root cause analysis experience.
- Any of the following trade licenses would be an advantage:
- Masters HVACR, masters electrician license: Wastewater operator s license: Boiler operator s license
- Our employees are the key to our company s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job Segment: Hydraulics, Maintenance Mechanic, Pipefitter, Biotech, Maintenance, Engineering, Manufacturing, Science
Millsboro DE US
Find a Job Find Candidates