This job is currently Archived,
Posted on : 23 March 2017
- Assist implementing the Company s merger, acquisition, joint venture and divestiture strategy; help manage outside legal resource to work on the negotiations of transactions.
- Contract Review and Negotiation: draft and review various contracts and legal documents, balance and minimize risks, gain greater commercial benefits and ensure the Company is protected legally.
- Compliance & Corporate Governance Issues: monitor and improve process for corporate compliance with applicable laws and regulations in the areas of commercial, anti-trust and other legal/regulatory requirements to advance the Company s business objectives in China.
- Develop strong hands-on working relationships with business partners at all levels of the Company.
- Actively communicate and follow up on obligations and opportunities arising in connection with commercial transactions.
- Litigation/Claims/Government Investigation: initiate, defend and settle of claims, demands and litigations throughout China; monitor compliance with the claims policy and procedures and progress of court, employment tribunal, arbitration proceedings, and other regulatory investigation in order to limit the Company s exposure to legitimate and enforceable claims.
- Retention and supervision of outside legal counsel for both litigation and general legal services (regulatory, labor, anti-trust, customs, etc.)
- Employment Issues: advise management on laws affecting hiring, overseas training, dismissal, redundancy, disciplinary actions, compensation, benefits and training of the Company staff.
- Training: provide training to China employees on various legal subjects.
- Chinese law degree at a well-respected, accredited PRC university.
- Candidate must have passed the PRC National Bar Exam.
- Candidate possessing an additional degree in international commercial law or LLM degree from an accredited overseas law school or from a well-respected university would be a plus.
- Fluent in written and spoken Mandarin; fluent in written and spoken English.
- Minimum 12-15 years post graduate experience overall, the bulk of which will likely be with either a reputable law firm or corporate law department in PRC (optimal with a multinational company). Must have strong transactional experience in handling PRC issues, including some experience in handling IP issues.
- Solid track record of corporate/commercial projects experience such as setting up and structuring of operations, M&A, divestment, liquidation in China.
- In-depth knowledge of Chinese commercial law and regulatory framework, Chinese corporate, labor and contract law; Chinese general litigation procedures; trade; and Chinese intellectual property law.
- Good grounding on employment and dispute resolution.
- Able to balance legal requirements with business objective and ability to render practical, creative and legal solutions to help business grow.
- Demonstrated superior skills in handling multiple tasks; effective prioritization skills; demonstrated practical and business oriented approach.
- Mature professional + strong communication + interpersonal skills
- Good team player - able to forge good working relationships at all levels of the business
- Withstands pressure and exercises sound commercial judgment.
- Self-motivated and good learning ability enabling the candidate to adapt him/her to the fast path of business growth.
- Flexible and good listener.
- Takes an active interest in business and commercial issues.
- Willingness to take on new roles and proactively support business initiatives.
- High energy and keen commitment towards delivery against on promises.
- Willingness to travel.
Shanghai Shanghai Shi China
Find a Job Find Candidates