Senior Lead Architect IoT and CX (m/f) - Germany
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- The Digital Innovation Partners unit is being set up at our company to realize cutting-edge digital solutions. Jointly with the our business groups.
- We develop and implement digital solutions @speed and @scale. We are driven by creativity and a strong desire to shape the digital future of company.
- To build up our team, we are now seeking a:
- Your role :
- You will play a crucial role in setting up our new Digital Innovation Partners unit and actively contribute to the success of the digital transformation.
- In this challenging function you will be responsible to build the engineering stack of the Digital Innovation Partners enabling the creation of innovative digital systems.
- You will define the target software architecture of our customer interaction and Internet of Things initiatives.
- As a subject matter expert in cloud technologies, IoT platforms, and customer interaction technologies you will help to harmonize key initiatives across our company's Business Groups.
- The role entails to research emerging technologies, products, services and architectures and to work with the various business and technology groups to deliver the group-wide end-to-end architecture.
- The role is a combination of internal activities and accountabilities as well as external activities (working with key vendors and start-ups, engaging with customers and participating in industry forums and events).
- Engineering degree or equivalent (networking, computer science, etc.) and at least 10 years of experience in a similar senior lead architect role in the same or an adjacent B2B industry
- Hands-on experience in either operations or engineering of software and/or platforms before moving into the architect role
- Proven experience in designing and delivering complex end-to-end architectures that encompass connectivity, devices & services
- Experience in designing or operating private and public and n-tier environments
- Advanced understanding of software-defined cloud concepts and technologies as well as good understanding of the embedded world
- Good understanding of network (Ethernet, TCP/IP, MPLS, ISIS/BGP), OSS and CRM/CPM stacks
- Good understanding of platform economics and experience in writing business cases
- Strong team player able to lead small teams of senior architects/engineers, drive projects and prioritize based on business value
- Good presenter and inter-personal skills (C-level, customer meetings, vendor management, speaking at conferences, publishing thought leadership, active participation in industry forums)
- Both creative and analytical skills, able to deliver complex documents and “connect the dots”
- Fluent English (technical and non-technical) and at least basic understanding of German
- We are one of the global leaders in the optical and optoelectronic industries and has been contributing to technological progress for 170 years.
- We develop and distributes lithography optics, measuring technology, microscopes, medical technology, eyeglass lenses, camera and cine lenses, binoculars and planetarium technology.
- We encourage creative thinking and innovation.
- We work in agile and interdisciplinary teams that believes in flat hierarchies. Being successful in these teams requires a high level of personal responsibility and commitment.