Senior IT Specialist Information Security - United States
|We are seeking an experienced Senior IT Specialist – Information Security for our Information Technology site located in Charleston, South Carolina.|
Provide technical expertise and support to users and IT management in risk assessments, implementation, and operational aspects of appropriate information security procedures and products to ensure the integrity and security of enterprise information and computing infrastructure against unauthorized disclosure, unauthorized modification, and accidental or intentional loss of data. Assist our software and device development teams in ensuring secure products are designed, built, and delivered to customers.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in computer science or related discipline.
- Experience: Minimum of 9 years related experience in IT, with 3-5 years in an information security operations or compliance role.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: IT security related certification desired (e.g., CISSP, CISA, GIAC, or similar professional certification).
- Understanding of HIPAA-HITECH, PCI, SOX, GxPs, Data Privacy regulations, etc.
- Familiarity with security controls relating to antivirus/antimalware, firewalls, DLP, Forescout CounterAct, or other similar products/technologies.
- Knowledge of IT and information security best practices.
- Able to handle moderate to complex problem resolution with minimal supervision.
- Experience in risk assessment, audit, and IT security assessments.
- Experience administering information security programs including risk assessments and forensic research, designing security architectures, developing policies, gathering metrics, and reporting status.
- Must have effective communication skills and strong interpersonal skills including influencing & aligning.
Equal Employment Opportunity