Senior IT Project Manager, Financial Software Solutions - United States
Bio Clinica (company)
Bioclinica, the trusted leader in clinical trial management innovation and therapeutic expertise, is looking for intelligent, creative and dedicated professionals to join our growing Financial Lifecycle Solutions team! We employ cutting edge technology to provide our customers with industry leading solutions and are currently seeking to fill the position of Senior IT Project Manager, in our Durham, NC office. We are company that values passionate professional who are ready to share their knowledge and innovation to support successful clinical trials.
The Sr. IT Project Manager (IT PM) is responsible for overseeing Client integrations of our financial software platform used to manage Clinical trial payments. The Senior IT PM will possess the depth and breadth of experience to lead our multi-functional team(s) to ensure an on-time and high-quality integration effort for our Client(s). This includes:
- Proven ability to lead and manage multiple Clients’ projects and/or programs and execute the scope of services outlined.
- Lead the development and implementation of a broad, coordinated set of integration plans and programs to meet the goals and priorities of the department.
- Oversees the cross functional team in a dynamic environment to ensure high quality deliverables are on- time and within budget through effective resource management.
- Full accountability for the management of integration project timelines, budget and milestones for a variety of projects and clients.
- Leads the design, testing, planning, and implementation of complex projects for systems that typically affect many users.
- Provides continuous reports, data, status updates across programs and project to demonstrate operational success.
- Responsible for building and maintaining project timelines and plans.
- Leads Client and internal status meetings and updates.
- Responsible for risk assessment, contingency planning and appropriate escalation of issues.
- Supports Client during user acceptance testing cycle and via ongoing product training as needed.
- Negotiates and manages Client expectations, scope of work and change orders as needed.
- Documents and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Manages assigned project resources on an ongoing basis.
- Anticipates Client needs by understanding challenges and goals of the implementation process.
- Supports operational growth and infrastructure development by optimizing processes, policies and methods through experience and critical assessment/analysis of project delivery.
- Understands the product software and its intended use to guide the Client through the integration effort.
- Acts as a champion for business process changes; act behind the scenes to craft solutions for business problems related or tangential to the project.
- Maintains a consistently high level of Client satisfaction; raises and addresses issues proactively, and supports the Client expectations and goals while keeping the business in mind.
- Travel: 0-10%
- Lifting: 0-25lbs
- Other: Computer work for long periods of time
This position description should not be deemed all inclusive. Additional requirements and expectations may be assigned. At all times, employees are expected to adhere to company policies and company SOPs.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in scientific or technology field(s) or other relevant experience.
- Accounting and/or Finance coursework or degree desirable.
Additional skill set:
- Building Timelines, Developing Budgets, Coaching, Supervision, Staffing, Project Management, Management Proficiency, Process Improvement, Tracking Budget Expenses, Self-Development, Planning, Performance Management.
- Ensures that project status, issues and successes are communicated to project team, stakeholders, sponsors, steering committee and all levels of management and documented appropriately.
- Makes decisions and takes timely independent action in pursuit of priorities.
- Strong computer skills and presentation skills.
- Strong MS Office suite, Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Experienced with MS Project (or other management tool), project development and management.Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Ability to work in group setting and independently; ability to adjust to changing priorities
- Excellent attention to detail and orientation toward meticulous work
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong documentation and organizational skills
- Ability to project and maintain a professional and positive attitude
- Minimum 7 years in a project management or similar role leading multifunctional teams in a data management/EDC and/or software technology development disciplines.
- Clinical trial/research, ERP system exposure, knowledge or background is highly desirable.
- Proven IT Management and/or Project Management experience.
- Knowledge of clinical trial execution and Client/CRO budgeting and contracting process with investigators.
- Understanding of Electronic Data Capture (EDC) and/or other relevant data systems.
- Understanding of extract, transform, and load (ETL) process.
- Prior or current experience in utilization or implementation of clinical trial systems or software is preferable.
- Firm understanding of portfolio and product backlog management, resource management, capacity and resource planning techniques.
- Expert knowledge of project management using both Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- 3-5 years' relevant project management work experience managing projects through SDLC.
- Knowledge of accounting and/or financial management or implementation of a financial system a plus.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and priorities with success.
- Independent and action driven with strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal, written and effective communication skills.
- Exceptional time management, planning and organizational skills.