Senior IT Business Analyst (Cambridge, England area) - United Kingdom
Charles River (company)
For nearly 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking an experienced Senior IT Business Analyst for our Corporate site located in Harlow (Cambridge, England area).
Responsible for process analysis and requirements gathering for large and small scale system implementations within regulated and/or non-regulated IT environments. Participants in the development IT strategies to support the business, and articulates and business and financial impact as well as value back to the business.
The following are the essential duties and responsibilities:
- Partner with the business to understanding the detail of how that business works, and where IT can help support their needs.
- Act as primary liaison between the business functions and IT, translating business goals and requests into relevant requirements that can be consumed by IT project and development resources.
- Participate in creation of / support Divisional CIO in creating IT strategy for business constituents.
- Develop business cases showing value and return on investment supporting strategies created.
- Deliver presentations to senior management, including Executive Committee.
- Work with IT systems subject matter experts to develop solutions to support business needs.
- Articulate IT strategies to business constituents, including leadership.
- Appropriately set expectations on the capabilities of IT, request timelines and scope, assisting the business in prioritization when/if all needs cannot be met.
- Review and edit requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solution.
- Develop functional specifications and system design specifications for customer engagements.
- Lead testing and validation efforts.
- Identify customer organization's strengths and weaknesses and suggests areas of improvement.
- Work with customer personnel to identify required changes and communicate needed changes to development/implementation team.
- Ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner.
- Communicate and apply project standards as per the PLC and assist in enforcement of project deadlines and schedules.
- Manage resources in accordance with project schedule.
- Consistently deliver high-quality services to customers and manage customer expectations effectively.
- Communicate effectively with customers to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions with project management.
- Assist in the facilitation of effective team and customer meetings and interactions.
- Lead internal teams/task forces as needed.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Senior IT Business Analyst position.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. /B.S.) or equivalent in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Minimum 8 years applicable business analysis experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- In-depth knowledge of current IT technologies and state-of-the-art practices including an understanding in areas of application programming, database and systems design. Must understand internet, intranet, extranet and customer/server architectures and how legacy and web-based systems interface with each other. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to deliver informative, well-organized presentations. Ability to work well in a team environment.
About Corporate Functions
The Corporate Functions provide operational support across Charles River in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, Legal, Sales, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and Corporate Development. They partner with their colleagues across the company to develop and drive strategies and to set global standards. The functions are essential to providing a bridge between strategic vision and operational readiness, to ensure ongoing functional innovation and capability improvement.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 11,000 employees within 70 facilities in 18 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2016, revenue increased by 23.3% to $1.68 billion from $1.36 billion in 2015.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~70% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2016.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet