Senior Internal Auditor - Audit Accelerator Program - United States
Senior Internal Auditor- Audit Accelerator Program
BD Internal Audit evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of all worldwide internal control processes on a rotating basis considering significance and risk as a service to BD Management and its Board of Directors. The Internal Audit process encompasses the following major activities:
- Evaluate the adequacy of the Company's system of internal controls to ensure the safeguarding and protection of assets from loss, reliability and integrity of financial information and compliance with policies, plans, procedures and applicable laws & regulations.
- Support management in optimizing internal controls by appraising the economy and efficiency with which resources are employed.
- Review operations or programs to ascertain whether results are consistent with established objectives and goals, and whether the operations or programs are carried out as planned.
The Senior Internal Auditor position is created for experienced auditors: auditors who have had experience in operational and financial auditing in the multi-national manufacturing industry. The position is ideal for someone looking to transition into a finance operational role in the business or at a regional/corporate level.
On each audit, the Senior Internal Auditor should demonstrate strong communication, planning, administrative, technical, and audit investigative skills, as well as establishing and maintaining good relationships with location and team members. In addition, the Senior Internal Auditor must be willing to lead and be led by peers from time to time on various audits and department projects. The Senior Internal Auditor should have basic skills in project management. The Senior Internal Auditor will report to the regional Audit Manager.
The successful candidate must be willing to travel up to 30% of the time to domestic and international locations and be open to continuous ongoing relocation. The position is considered rotational and provides opportunities to move into other areas of Finance and/or the business.
Audit Accelerator Program
Additionally, the Senior Internal Auditor will be a participant in the BD Audit Accelerator Program. The following outlines the program’s value proposition:
Business Impact – Sr. IA will work on challenging and meaningful assignments that span multiple areas of the Finance Organization and BD Businesses which have a direct impact on the bottom line. Global Exposure – Sr. IA is provided the opportunity to travel to different BD locations, including international sites. The opportunity exists to develop an understanding of BD’s global operations, while exploring career opportunities. Mentorship –Sr. IA is partnered with an Executive Mentor, aiding in the individual’s personal and professional development. Leadership Team Visibility – The Audit Accelerator program is sponsored by the Vice President of Internal Audit and the individual will have the opportunity to interface with the Finance leadership team regularly, including the BD CFO. Future Opportunities –The accelerated learning opportunities and diverse experiences help prepare the Sr. IA to transition from Internal Audit into other areas of Finance and/or the business. Strategic employment opportunities exist for associates who successfully complete their assignments.
- Assist in development of risk-based audit plan
- Identify financial and operational risks and incorporate into audit scope and audit program
- Consult with manager/director on scope and audit timetable
- Initiate discussions with business unit regarding planning and scope issues
- Update audit program as appropriate
- Communicate scope, timing and audit program to team
- Conduct audits consistent with IIA and department policies; manage timely completion of audit including communication of status to manager
- Identify and document financial statement exposures, operational/process issues, internal control deficiencies and opportunities for improvement
- If applicable, coordinate fieldwork with IT Auditors
- Prepare agenda for the audit closing meeting
- Document audit findings into audit report format as the audit progresses
- Adapt audit program and procedures as observations/new information is uncovered in the field
- Finalize audit fieldwork and audit report consistent with report writing guidelines
- Work to issue audit report in timely manner
- Conduct self-evaluations with team
- Support special business projects in a non-audit capacity to develop business acumen
- Prepare and deliver executive report-outs for Global Finance Leadership Team
- Drive relationship with assigned Executive Mentor
- B.S. in Finance/Accounting or Business Administration
- A minimum of 4-6 years audit experience in a corporate environment or with a 3 -5 years public accounting firm is required
- Proven experience leading and building teams through an audit engagement
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Working knowledge of data analysis tools is a plus (ACL, Tableau)
- Comfortable working and learning independently and as part of a team
- Understanding of Sarbanes Oxley implementation practices and issues
- Understanding of audit methodology and use of various audit tools to facilitate the audit process
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time
- CIA and/or CPA/ACCA, CFE qualified would be a plus
- Must be open to ongoing domestic and international relocation