Senior Human Resources Manager - United States
Manage the development and administration of local and corporate personnel activities, programs, policies and procedures. Coordinate recruitment, retention, employee relations, workers’ compensation, affirmative action and personnel record-keeping activities. Administer corporate benefits and compensation programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and administer site-specific human resources policies and procedures, ensuring consistency with corporate policies, procedures, practices, and programs.
- Manage the local rollout and administration of corporate human resources policies and procedures, including corporate benefits and compensation programs.
- Function as a proactive liaison between site and corporate Human Resources Department and work in conjunction with corporate Human Resources to encourage Human Resources as the source for guidance, including interpretation of Human Resources policies, procedures, practices, and programs.
- Ensure proper maintenance of physical and electronic employment-related records and mandatory employment-related postings; ensure compliance with Charles River policy and with all applicable state and federal laws and statutes. Audit data as necessary.
- Serve as local recruiter for all levels of employees. Screen applicants; interview candidates; process verbal and written job offers.
- Coordinate local recruitment efforts. Coordinate approved recruitment event participation, print and online ad campaigns. Coordinate with Corporate Human Resources on the use of company-wide resources as necessary.
- Conduct and/or assist with investigations related to performance and disciplinary matters
- Collaborate with health and safety officers on employee safety training and attend safety meetings.
- Assist in preparation of and implementation of Affirmative Action Program, in coordination with Corporate Human Resources. Provide consultation to managers in a variety of HR-related areas, including organizational development, performance management, recruitment and retention, and compensation administration.
- Independently handle routine and moderately complex employee relations issues, ensuring consistency with corporate policies and practices. Assist Corporate Human Resources in the resolution of complex issues (e.g., sexual harassment or discrimination claims, employment-related lawsuits).
- Manage annual performance review process. Administer proposed salary adjustments and annual performance reviews with supervisory and management personnel.
- Prepare for and represent site at routine unemployment claim proceedings. Advise Corporate Human Resources of non-routine claims and assist in preparation for and representation at non-routine unemployment proceedings.
- Manage assigned staff and provide training and development as appropriate.
- Provide leadership and act as a participant in site events, community-related events which are in support of employees or company and participate in Corporate Human Resources conferences when necessary.
- Coordinate training programs, such as supervisory and management training, and conduct new employee orientation programs. Monitor the site’s ongoing training needs and programs and ensure ongoing applicability/effectiveness.
- Support the policy of equal employment opportunity through Affirmative Action in all employment matters including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, promotions, training, work assignments, salary actions, etc.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in human resources management, business administration, or related discipline.
- Experience: 6-8 years related experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: PHR preferred.
- Effective communication and supervisory skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Experienced in the use of HRIS and payroll systems; PeopleSoft, SAP and ADP strongly preferred.
- Ability to read, writes, speak and understand English. Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet