This job is currently Archived,
Senior Human Resources Business Partner - United States
Charles River (company)
Posted on : 25 June 2017
Function as an HR generalist, providing expert HR guidance and support for assigned group(s) in areas such as talent acquisition, talent development, change management, organizational development, performance management, retention, disciplinary actions and compensation administration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with line management to ensure HR policies and practices are consistently applied. Recommend changes to policies and practices as appropriate.
- Work closely with line management to assess talent acquisition and development needs and develop and deliver solutions aligned with the business strategy.
- Partner with recruiters and line management to ensure the organization's staffing needs are met. Assist with writing/editing job descriptions, conducting interviews, evaluating candidates and extending employment offers.
- Coach and partner with managers to resolve complex employee relations issues; seek legal guidance when necessary.
- Analyze external and internal HR-related trends and develop recommendations and action plans for change.
- Conduct research into personnel practices, policies and procedures. Determine feasibility and cost benefits of personnel programs.
- Ensure documentation and PeopleSoft transactions are processed in a timely manner.
- Oversee audits of HR documentation as needed.
- May provide work direction or guidance regarding employment law or organization policy to less experienced members of the HR staff.
- May participate on teams that formulate extensive recruiting campaigns, develop compensation plans, coordinate training programs, prepare and administer EEO and affirmative action programs, analyze and recommend benefits changes, and perform other assigned tasks of similar complexity.
- May conduct termination interviews, prepare for and attend unemployment hearings, and assist legal staff in preparing for litigation.
- May develop and conduct or oversee development of and conduct training on non-technical topics such as sexual harassment and diversity.
- Provide leadership and participate in company and community-related events.
- Ensure all actions comply with local, state and federal regulations and maintain necessary documentation for compliance purposes.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in human resources management or related discipline. Master's degree (M.A./M.S./MBA) in human resources, organizational development or related field preferred.
- Experience: 8+ years related experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: SPHR preferred.
- Other: Must have demonstrated skills in change management and organizational development. Must possess excellent interpersonal communication and influence skills. Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Word and excellent skills with Microsoft Excel required. Familiarity with PeopleSoft highly desired. Must be able to learn new software quickly. Ability to read, write, speak and understand English is required; bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred or required in some locations.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our company is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet