This job is currently Archived,
Senior HR Manager - Belgium
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 20 March 2017
- We seek to provide quality affordable healthcare products.
- With over $5.5 billion in sales and more than 13,000 people working around the world, Our Company is a leading global healthcare supplier.
- We develop, manufacture, package and distribute over-the-counter and prescription pharmaceuticals, nutritional products, active pharmaceutical ingredients and consumer products.
- We are the world’s largest manufacturer of store brand OTC pharmaceutical products and infant formulas.
Working with Us:
- To further strengthen our team, we are looking for disciplined, self-motivated individuals who are looking for meaningful work in a fast-growing global business.
- We have a new exciting opportunity for a Senior HR Manager that will provide overall strategic HR leadership to commercial operations in Belgium and coordinate HR strategically for the commercial organizations.
- This person will participate in the development of location plans and programs as a strategic partner.
- They will be responsible for developing and implementing human resources policies, programs and services, including recruitment, selection, retention, legal compliance, employee compensation and benefits, employee and labor relations, employment practices and procedures, employee communications, employee events, and payroll operations for the Belgian commercial organization.
Major Duties / Responsibilities
- Coordinate HR activities and lead the HR team members in the Netherlands, and Luxemburg
- Partner with business leaders to ensure the HR strategy is aligned to the business strategy
- Foster a workplace environment consistent with the values and mission outlined by the leadership of company
- Review location policies, procedures and practices annually and offers recommendations to management for improvement; provides secure maintenance of all employee files and transactions; and develops/communicates policy and procedure changes
- Develop plans, administer, and coordinate all recruiting activities; administer recruitment policies
- Mentor and coach department managers in relation to employee matters and labor law; monitor and manages all disciplinary actions and reductions-in-force activities
- Counsel/train supervision on appropriate action related to employee relations
- Manage Works Council activities as Employer Representative
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation, and insures Company compliance with all governmental, social and fiscal regulations
- Ensure proper administration of benefits and wages, including merit adjustments
- Oversee employee performance programs, from new hires to annual reviews, including, communication of policy guidelines, working with all management to ensure proper completion of such tasks, and providing training assistance throughout until completed
- Maintain relationships with appropriate community based organizations to enhance the Company’s standing in the community
- Five to seven experience in a senior level Human Resources capacity as a generalist, including five years of experience managing a staff of Human Resources professionals
- Strong knowledge of Belgian labor law and at least 3 years of experience as employer representative in Works Council and Health and Safety Committee
- Bachelor’s degree in HR management, Psychology, or Business required; Master’s degree preferred; additional professional training certificates are desirable
- General knowledge of the principles and practices of human resources strategic planning and administration; and knowledge of sound techniques in all aspects of human resources management and problem solving
- Demonstrated excellent communications and interpersonal skills,
- Able to develop and evaluate effectiveness of short and long-term plans and programs.
- Experience applying and adapting practices and techniques to the special requirements of senior management and the needs of the organization
- Capable of establishing and maintaining effective relationships with all levels of management, Works Councils, Union representatives and employees.
- Solid negotiation skills to conclude balanced collective bargaining agreements
- Can present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form.
- Able to obtain and report on HR metrics. Knowledge of headcount cost calculation and budget planning
- Functional experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and HRIS systems
- Previous people management experience