Senior Health Economist Job Hoddesdon United Kingdom,
- developing/writing the economic components of selected hta submissions to a high quality and in a timely manner.
- managing the development of economic models for hta submissions
- developing and delivering tools and messages to the brand teams to support Marketing Strategy.
- contributing to the development of technical expertise within the group/company.
- assisting in the development of more junior members of the team and providing support where appropriate.
- responsibility for accuracy, quality and timeliness of designated components of selected hta submissions.
- ensuring alignment of submission strategy and content with local and global expectations/needs.
- identifying and resolving problems/issues related to prospective hta submissions (e.g. modelling issues).
- working within a cross-functional matrix (medical, marketing, Market access, external affairs) to optimise hta submissions and associated stakeholder management.
- supervising contracted (internal or external) model development for hta submissions &/or brand support.
- liaising with relevant regional/global groups to exploit supranational resources and provide input.
- providing country input into development of Clinical (including trial design) and outcomes Research plans for new products.
- working closely with franchise managers, regional Sales managers and medical affairs personnel to ensure alignment within msd.
- providing technical input into relevant sections of a Clinical guideline response, whether produced by an hta agency or otherwise.
- mentoring of junior members of the team
- engaging with industry groups and other external stakeholders where appropriate to contribute to the direction of travel for access and Reimbursement
- for assigned brands (including those in development), identifying critical outcomes and Research needs to optimise Market access.
- helping influence guidelines to create favourable position of msd products.
- contributing to evaluation, development and implementation of Pricing strategies for assigned msd products.
- assisting in development of national, regional and local Market access strategies to optimise access for designated brands.
- post graduate degree (MSc or phd) in Health Economics or allied field
- experience working for a Pharmaceutical company
- experience in delivering on hta submissions to nice, smc, awmsg.
- Project Management
- excellent technical health economic skills (modelling), particularly in Microsoft Excel
your role at msd is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. at msd, we’re inventing for life.
msd is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. please, no phone calls or emails. all resumes submitted by search firms to any Employee at msd via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of msd. no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by msd as a result of the referral or through other means.
job: outcomes Research -health econ
Employee status: regular
travel: yes, 10 % of the time
number of openings: 1
shift (if applicable):
company trade name: msd
Find a Job Find Candidates