Senior/Group Leader, Molecular Biology & Protein Expression - Belgium
This senior level position presents an excellent opportunity for an outstanding and experienced molecular biologist to join Discovery Research CNS Biology based in Belgium. The remit of CNS Biology include but are not limited to, supporting pre-clinical CNS drug discovery projects by developing differentiating and disease relevant biochemical and cell based assays, by screening compounds and delivering high quality data in a timely fashion.
- Qualified to PhD level in molecular biology, with minimum of 10 years’ relevant drug discovery expertise in a pharma/biotech environment and proven track record of project delivery and line management.
- A thorough understanding of different phases in pre-clinical drug discovery and hands on project management is essential
- In-depth expertise in genome engineering and optimization of gene expression techniques for protein production for pre-clinical drug discovery projects
- Possess hands-on experience of a variety of expression systems including mammalian cells
- Experience in CNS targets and/or additional skills in viral production and transduction, RNAi, RT-PCR and an understanding of molecular biology informatics tools are advantageous.
- Present as an enthusiastic, passionate scientist with a well-organized, analytical approach and proven ability to deliver project goals to defined timelines
- An inspirational people manager and leader demonstrated the ability to motivate and develop people in their function
- You will be expected to represent and promote our research activities at internal and external scientific meetings and by publishing studies in peer reviewed journals
- A strong publication record is mandatory
- Fluency in English (spoken and written).
Job Segment: Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biotech, Manager, Scientist, Science, Management