This job is currently Archived,
Senior Global Transparency Reporting Analyst Franklin Lakes United States,
Becton Dickinson (company)
Posted on : 04 April 2017
- Responsible for the execution of day-to-day Sunshine program activities, including, but not limited to, internal/external inquiry support, Covered Recipient dispute support, and general support of the Sunshine operations, process & data analytics areas to gather spend data, generate reports, collect certifications and develop communications and training materials.
- Assess the master data or general data quality issues that may impact ability to report information to the state/government agencies.
- Produce gap analysis related documentation to identify the prioritized gaps in business processes, data controls, systems and data as well as the related recommendations for improvement.
- Perform data quality assessment strategy to assess whether the existing data in source systems, including interfaced data, meets the standards for quality, accuracy and completeness.
Governance and Compliance
- Identify and summarize new and amended transparency legislation and regulations, document the impact of such legislation and regulations on the Sunshine Program, and update Sunshine Governance Documents and Sunshine Program Documents as appropriate.
- Maintain and update Sunshine Program and business process documentation as necessary.
Spend Data Capture
- Gather vendor/customer master data information via extraction from major ERP systems, expense systems, and other major data sources for analytics. Perform high volume data validation and reconciliation activities to validate accuracy and completeness of information. Research and trouble-shoot data anomalies to identify and understand root cause or underlying business processes behind transactions in order to identify potential data capture, data accuracy, or internal control gaps relevant to Transparency compliance and reporting.
- Perform analytics and monitoring on complex vendor master data and transactional data across all major BD data sources to identify and verify relevant data for transparency disclosure as required. Collect completed internal manual data collection templates and conduct initial review for completeness. Conduct in-scope vendor identification and review and collect supporting documentation (e.g., contracts, invoices) as necessary.
- Periodically review, update, and streamline internal and vendor manual data collection templates based on legislative updates and feedback from the functions and business units.
- Oversee the remediation of spend data, including addressing data gaps and data entered incorrectly, and review data captured in the source systems and the manual data collection templates.
- Supports data entry, upload into the reporting tool. Assisting with the aggregation of data within reporting tool.
Certification and Submission
- Retain and archive final Federal and state reports after submission. Retain and archive all relevant supporting documentation for final Federal and state reports.
Inquiries and Dispute Resolution
- Execute the External Inquiries and Disputes Management process to receive, triage, escalate, and resolve external inquiries and Covered Recipient disputes and to amend reports as necessary.
- Develop standard responses, FAQs, and reference documents for responding to Sunshine-related inquiries, and maintain and update these documents as appropriate. Retain and archive inquiry and Covered Recipient dispute supporting documentation and summaries of resolutions.
Training and Communications Training
- Draft and deliver Sunshine training materials as prescribed by the Sunshine Training Plan. Develop and conduct live training sessions (e.g., vendor demonstrations, sales calls, new hire training) with internal and external stakeholders as appropriate. Adjust and update the Sunshine Training Plan and Sunshine training materials based on continuing efficacy assessments and evolving internal and external stakeholder needs. Summarize the results, benefits, effectiveness, completion rates, and feedback for each Sunshine training activity.
- Draft and deliver Sunshine communications as prescribed by the Sunshine Communication Plan. Adjust and update the Sunshine Communication Plan and Sunshine communications based on continuing efficacy assessments and evolving internal and external stakeholder needs. Summarize the results and effectiveness of Sunshine communications delivered to internal and external stakeholders.
Monitoring, Auditing, and Data Analytics Monitoring
- Execute the Sunshine Monitoring Plan, including documenting results and trends and performing any corrective actions.
- Assist in the execution of the Sunshine Audit Plan, including documenting results and trends and assisting internal audit with identifying any risk areas and business improvements.
- Minimum 5 years experience with SAP transactions posting and reporting required, specifically with Finance (FI) module (general ledger, Accounts Payable, Intercompany preferred). Experience with master data in SAP, a plus.
- A minimum of 3 years of Medical Device or Pharmaceutical industry related experience required.
- Bachelor s degree required, in a related field.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel required.
- Proficient with other MS tools (Outlook, Word, etc.)
- Experience / exposure with aggregate spend reporting obligations and requirements, including applicable Federal Sunshine Act and state transparency laws, regulations, and guidance.
- Strong analytical abilities to perform analysis of technical Transparency and data requirements.
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, analytical skills with a sense of urgency and common sense. Supports error management, data enrichment, data corrections, monitoring and data quality checking.
- Excellent learning agility
- Comfortable hands-on experience with data, data mining and ability to manipulate and work with different file types (flat, system downloads, etc.).
- Remediates and formats the data to enable the upload to the US Transparency data processing and reporting tool.
- Ability to present complex concepts and data analyses in a clear and effective manner.
- Ability to work effectively with moderate oversight and supervision in a team environment.
- Strong verbal and writing communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and execute against deliverables in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail including excellent organizational skills.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Ability to obtain an understanding of business software and tools such as Concur, Salesforce.com, and other data source systems.
- Strong experience in the use of business systems applications particularly databases.
- Internal audit experience, operational/financial audit and for financial analysis experience highly preferred.
- Incumbent must have good interpersonal/ communication skills, be self-motivated and able to work independently to accomplish tasks.
Franklin Lakes New Jersey
Find a Job Find Candidates