This job is currently Archived,
Senior FSSC Associate RTR - FTC (6 months) - United Kingdom
Posted on : 04 July 2017
Purpose of the Position:
- Our company operates in 40 countries across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, and is a regional business of our company
- The Finance Shared Service Center provides Accounts Payable, Travel & Entertainment, including payments, Record to Report (month end), Inter-company and Order to Cash services to 8 Affiliates in the EMEA region, who represent a total sales volume of EUR 449m.
- We employ approximately 20 employees across 3 process teams.
- Our aim is to provide standard, high performing and efficient services according to established Service Level Agreements.
- We strive to create advocates of our customers by exceeding their expectations.
- The Sr. FSSC Associate – RTR/O2C resides in the RTR team (6) and is dedicated to the month end close and its associated activities as well as some banking and logistics activities for one or more Affiliates
Core Tasks, Responsibilities and Authority:
- RTR includes the following tasks (but not exhaustive list):
- Deliver timely and accurate month end close transactions in line with company policies, procedures and controls for FSSC customers.
- Adhere to respective times/dates. Prepare and post journal entries.
- Maintain fixed assets and depreciate appropriately over time. Support the Inter-company recharging and the relevant netting and reconciliation processes . Support compliance by preparing reports. Perform balance sheet and bank reconciliations, prepare prepayment schedules.
- Check completeness of VAT report and make any necessary adjustments. Report on agreed KPIs for RTR/O2C activities monthly; respond to queries.
- O2C includes the following tasks (but not exhaustive list):
- Carry out billing, collection and reporting activities according to specific deadlines.
- Allocate cash to customers. Perform customer account reconciliations, monitor non-payments, aged payments and other irregularities.
- Resolve queries. Maintain sales and stock records, perform adjustments as required. Allocate cost to products and raise invoices to IP holders.
- Be a role model for customer focussed behaviour and maintain effective relationships with Affiliates and employees.
- Perform Month End reporting as required including compliance reporting and performance metrics.
- Advise Affiliates/staff where procedures are not being followed and assist with corrective action.
- Maintain SOP library and ensure updated regularly. Drive continuous improvement in the FSSC, including maintaining stakeholder lists.
- Support planning and execution of future FSSC expansion projects. Identify and communicate risks and issues.
- Provide back up support for other positions in the RTR team, including the Financial Accountant and Sr. Financial Accountant roles where possible.
- Attend training and cross train within the team wherever needed.
- Review, file and archive documents accordingly.
The FSSC handles approximately 35,000 individual transactions per year across all 3 processes areas. Of those we process approximately 6,000 RTR/O2C transactions per year on behalf of the Affiliate customers.
Internal Employees at all levels within the UK Affiliate employees globally, generally in Finance roles Departmental administrators and managers
Other finance staff | External Vendors Customers
Specific Physical Abilities:
Ability to prioritize own work Prepared to work necessary hours to deliver tasks/objectives
Competencies | Experience
- Customer Focus: anticipating internal and external customer needs and taking action to exceed their expectations.
- Innovation and Change: embraces change and overcomes barriers.
- Results Orientation: sets ambitious targets and is relentless in delivering against them.
- Communication and Collaboration: Fosters cooperation and teamwork.
- Respects others and embraces individual or cultural needs. Team player, adaptable depending on workload Accurate, numerate
- Able to plan and organise own work Persistent Ability to communicate effectively with suppliers and staff Willingness to adapt within a changing environment
- Have the initiative and drive to identify and implement process improvements
- Knowlede of financial systems is essential, experience in using SAP General Ledger is preferable Accounts receivable and general accounting experience
- Knowledge of general accounting principles, regulatory standards and compliance requirements, recognised accounting part-qualification is an advantage (e.g. AAT) Pharmaceutical industry experience is an advantage Experience of working across multiple sites and nationalities is preferable
- Finance shared services team experience is an advantage Excel Intermediate