Senior Financial Analyst - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- We are seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join our dynamic finance and accounting team to support our commercial growth in the US.
- The Sr. Financial Analyst will be part of a Finance team that provides financial planning and analysis to SG&A business partners, senior management and corporate planning in Japan. The role will require both system (IBM Cognos TM1 and SAP FICO) and business process analysis support to the North America users in multiple company finance functions.
- The scope of support includes budgeting and forecasting processes, long-range planning and monthly close and various reporting & analytics requirements.
- The customer interaction spans across both local and global sites, requiring knowledge of both local and global financial systems.
- The working environment is fast-paced with an ever-changing set of priorities.
- The candidate will implement and drive the core financial processes for the business including Annual Operating Plans, Monthly/Quarterly Business Reviews, identify and quantify financial risks and opportunities (R&O) to the business, and drive ad-hoc business projects.
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives
- Prepare monthly/quarterly management reports (both local and global)
- Provide ad-hoc analyses and project support for business areas as required.
- Coordinate the development of all corporate financial planning including quarterly forecasts, annual budget, and 3-5 years Strategic Plan.
- Support Monthly Close activities (including loading of actuals from SAP to TM1 and associated close reporting
- Build/maintain TM1 based models/cube/reports to support the OPEX Forecasting and Reporting process
- Coordinate with necessary functions (e.g. Accounting, AP, Business Partners) and systems in monitoring project level details relative to spend and variances
- Take the lead in financial planning and analysis; building complex financial models and analytical tools to measure overall financial performance, including short and long range financial/operational forecasts, and communicating results to senior management
- Accurate and timely preparation of the monthly financial reporting.
- Incorporate financial data into capital models/templates to prepare guidelines and drive the capital planning process
- Analyze new business ideas, make analytical judgments, and provide data intensive analyses to drive meaningful change
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent with a minimum of 8-10 years of relevant experience in biopharmaceutical/biotechnology development
- Skilled in use of IBM Cognos TM1 (required)
- Skilled in use of financial software packages, preferably SAP.
- Experience with global team management and frequent interactions with Global Headquarters a strong plus.
- Life Sciences experience preferred
- The ability to self-motivate in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment with competing deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to work in an international team environment with the ability to function and communicate cross-functionally and work effectively with global teams and groups.
- MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) ie;
Advanced Excel modeling & analytical skills
- Creative problem-solving, mature approach and dedication to continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated proficiency in oral and written communication, an innovative problem solver and proven ability to recognize and recommend areas for improvement
- Highly flexible, works well in a team environment, and has the skills necessary to organize, communicate and influence, with an unquestionable level of integrity
- Available and willing to travel domestically and globally, up to 10%
- Lift and move up to 25 lbs.
- Sit, stand, kneel, stoop, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, point, and reach with hands and arms.
- Use the telephone and communicate clearly with a host of external individuals, domestically and globally.
- Work at computer for extensive periods of time.
- Work in a fast paced working environment managing multiple tasks.