Senior Finance Specialist – (Compliance & Reporting) - Poland
Senior Finance Specialist – (Compliance & Reporting)
05 May 2017
We are currently seeking a Senior Finance Specialist acting as independent accounting expert ensuring the delivery of all compliance & reporting processes in scope. The person is fully responsible for the completeness of books and for timely and correct reporting of accounting figures for assigned entity(ies). The role also includes all activities required to ensure group and local compliance.
Your job and key responsibilities
As Senior Specialist you will be responsible for:
- Perform compliance & reporting tasks in line with defined processes, SOPs and WIs
- Execute Period-End tasks for more complex unit(s), perform reconciliation and clearing of accounts, report actuals for different units in reporting systems on timely manner and meeting quality targets
- Ensure proper quality of indirect tax filings and Statutory financial statement in cooperation with EY
- Perform Internal Controls defined for Compliance & Reporting
- Escalate issues and concerns to Financial Controller and Manager and propose remediating actions
- Proactively assist Financial Controller to identify any areas of improvement to help maximizing the efficiency and effectiveness of the processes, participate in the implementation of improvement initiatives
- Perform updates on process documentation for assigned unit(s) and drives standardization of compliance & reporting processes
- Active participation in migration projects (work shadowing, work instructions)
- Drive the resolution of more complex queries from the business, building good relationship with stakeholders
- Coordinates and leads projects/improvement initiatives/knowledge management initiatives, etc. across functions
- Mentoring for Junior Specialists
- Act as backup for Financial Controller
A unique opportunity to be part of Compliance & Reporting team delivering ongoing operations, migration projects and cross-functional initiatives with significant impact on Finance organization.
Our preferred candidate has the following personal and professional qualifications:
- Minimum 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Experience with preparing financial statements under IFRS and local standards
- Relevant tax experience (indirect, direct taxes)
- Technology: SAP, MS Office
- Languages: English (fluent), other is an advantage
- Master degree in Finance/Accounting
- ACCA/CIMA is an advantage
- Strong communication skills
- Mature attitude towards challenges and problem solving - being able to work with limited guidance and able to determine information needed to resolve more complex issues, manage pressure effectively and cope well with setbacks
- Taking ownership of assigned responsibilities, including self-learning/researching needed to execute the same
- Being able to work to tight deadlines and with switching priorities
- Proactive and creative in terms of improving ways of working
- Team player
For further information, please contact Katarzyna Greguška at KGRE@lundbeck.com. Your application and CV should not be sent via email.
We also recommend that you have a look at our website.
Please click on the link below to apply for the job. Applications must be received no later than May 5th 2017.
Lundbeck is a global pharmaceutical company specialized in psychiatric and neurological disorders. For more than 70 years, we have been at the forefront of research within neuroscience. Our key areas of focus are depression, schizophrenia, Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease.
An estimated 700 million people worldwide are living with psychiatric and neurological disorders and far too many suffer due to inadequate treatment, discrimination, a reduced number of working days, early retirement and other unnecessary consequences. Every day, we strive for improved treatment and a better life for people living with psychiatric and neurological disorders – we call this Progress in Mind.
Read more at http://www.lundbeck.com/global/about-us/progress-in-mind.
Our approximately 5,300 employees in 55 countries are engaged in the entire value chain throughout research, development, production, marketing and sales. Our pipeline consists of several late-stage development programmes and our products are available in more than 100 countries. We have research centres in China and Denmark and production facilities in China, Denmark, France and Italy. Lundbeck generated revenue of DKK 14.6 billion in 2015 (EUR 2 billion; USD 2.2 billion).
For additional information, we encourage you to visit our corporate site www.lundbeck.com and connect with us on Twitter at @Lundbeck .