Senior Finance Auditor - Belgium
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
- Employees of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
- Today our company is one of the most innovative pharmaceutical companies in the world.
- Our research and development centre develops products for a wide range of disease areas, such as mental disorders, neurological problems, infectious diseases, immunological disorders, cancer, and cardiovascular and metabolic conditions.
- The Corporate Internal Audit (CIA) department, a member of the Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Senior Financial Auditor.
- The Senior Financial Auditor will perform continuous testing and monitoring at the Belgium office.
- The auditor will also perform Internal Control Reviews (ICRs) and other types of specialized reviews within and outside of the EMEA region and across all business sectors.
- The Corporate Internal Audit department provides independent, objective assurance and advisory services designed to assist management in ensuring an effective system of Financial and IT internal controls that are in compliance with government and industry regulations.
- The Corporate Internal Audit department completes an annual average of 300 audits, reviewing a variety of functions and processes of operating units throughout the world. Major areas reviewed include the data centers; the revenue, inventory and payment cycles; and general accounting.
- Executing CIA’s Continuous Control Review audit program for our company.
- Specific responsibilities may include ensuring that all SOX 404 documentation & testing is performed in accordance with the published SOX-404 deadlines and standardized processes, performing on-going updates & maintenance of SOX information in Metric Stream, completing walkthroughs of critical areas to identify potential control weaknesses and efficiency opportunities, communicating potential control gaps / testing failures and guidance with business stakeholders, coordinating the Annual SOX 404 Certification process, as well as identifying & implementing process improvements where possible.
- Conducting assigned audit engagements at our company affiliates within other geographical regions and leading in a variety of departmental projects.
- Specific responsibilities may include audit planning, completing testing procedures, documenting assigned audit cycles relevant to risk and testing objectives, writing audit recommendations, presenting findings to management, etc.
- Other common tasks of the Senior Finance Auditor include:
- acting as or assisting the team coordinator in preparation of the audit which will include:
- reviewing previous audit reports and work papers, financial reports and audit approaches to ensure thorough familiarity with assigned audit areas.
- Additionally, conducting interviews and detailed testing as required and reviewing findings with the audit manager, team coordinator, and internal customers throughout the audit to ensure any potential concerns are addressed in a timely and effective manner.
- The Senior Financial Auditor must ensure that documentation to support testing and the audit conclusion is complete and thorough in accordance with internal quality standards.
- The Senior Financial Auditor will also participate and lead formal interim and final meetings to discuss and finalize findings and recommendations and may be required to supervise and develop staff during the reviews.
- A minimum of a BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, or other business discipline is required.
- Minimum 3 years of professional working experience in Accounting, Finance, and/or Auditing is required.
- Sarbanes Oxley experience is preferred. CIA, CPA, CMA, CFA or CISA is an asset.
- Our new Senior Financial Auditor must possess excellent analytical, technical (e.g. Accounting, MS Excel), conceptual, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English is required. Fluency in other languages is an asset.
- The ability to effectively take on leadership roles in various functions is required.
- You must work well in a dynamic environment and be able to work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to travel (domestic and international) of +/- 25% is required.
- As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously.
- As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility.
- Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth.
- Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.