Senior Facilities Maintenance Mechanic Job - United States
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Work with a dedicated and talented team to manage the facility/mechanic and automation needs of the Elkhorn Production site. Assigned duties vary based on experience and may include the following:
- Assist with new equipment installation.
- Ensure equipment is in top working order through regular and preventative maintenance
- Evaluate and maintain equipment to ensure or improve safety and production efficiency
- Interpret mechanical drawings, construction drawings and machine manuals
- Conduct daily boiler rounds and facility checks.
- Utilize technical equipment to include computers, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, etc.
Ideal qualifications for this role include:
- Education and or experience related to automation/HVAC/Boilers
- Aptitude to effectively problem-solve and collaborate with others
Merck pays a competitive salary with an
- annual bonus, overtime pay for work over 40 hours and higher differential pay for nights and weekends
- attractive benefit packages with health, dental, and vision insurance for self and family
- 401k match and Pension benefits
- minimum 3 weeks’ vacation plus 9 holidays and 4 Shutdown days (prorated first year)
$$$ Sign-on bonus for active licenses:
- Third-grade Boiler License - $5000
- Water Operators License - $2000
- Universal Recovery License - $2000
Other requirements include:
- Basic Computer skills
- English language (speaking/writing/reading)
- High-school degree
- Approved Background Check
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Equip. Maintenance Tech. Spec.
Job Title:Sr. Tech, Maintenance
Primary Location: NA-US-NE-Elkhorn
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 2
Shift (if applicable): 3rd
Hazardous Materials: Lubricants, Chemicals
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Omaha
Nearest Secondary Market: Council Bluffs
Job Segment: Maintenance Mechanic, Facilities, Hydraulics, Maintenance, Mechanic, Manufacturing, Operations, Engineering