This job is currently Archived,
Senior/Executive Director, Sleep Marketing Dublin Ireland,
Jazz Pharma (company)
Posted on : 11 July 2017
- The Senior/Executive Director, Sleep Marketing for JZP-110 will play a key leadership role within the Sleep Business Unit.
- This candidate will be responsible for aligning a cross-functional team around a clear launch vision and purpose while leading, inspiring, developing and motivating the team to successfully achieve individual and organizational objectives.
- The candidate will help drive product adoption within FDA-approved indication(s) as well as play a critical role in developing short and long term strategic plans to maximize the value of JZP-110.
- This individual will take a primary role working with the brand leadership team to implement the strategic plan while remaining committed to the company s values. This position will report to the Marketing Lead, Sleep Business Unit.
- Define and execute the US marketing launch strategy for JZP-110 (e.g. positioning, messaging, branding, medical education programs, market research); Lead and align cross-functional teams through successful execution of launch
- Develops/communicates a compelling vision and sense of purpose for the launch (project) team; works collaboratively to formulate long-range and mid-term strategies; demonstrates courage in advancing new, innovative ideas; champions change initiatives to enhance organizational performance.
- Contribute to and disseminate understanding of trends, issues and strategies in the market to stake holders
- Manage and enhance internal and external relationships with colleagues, thought leaders, strategic business partners and vendors.
- Determine US brand pricing strategy and managed markets strategy in collaboration with Head of Pricing and Head of Managed Markets
- Partner with Sales Training to develop comprehensive launch training plan
- Attract, hire, coach, and develop key talent to help build a high-performing marketing organization
- Work with commercial operations to design market research initiatives, develop professional advisory boards and evaluate third party market data to generate a deeper understanding of customer / market needs.
- Focus on ensuring business plans and tactics meet compliance and regulatory standards.
- Post-launch, review and assess US performance, sales and commercial supply forecasts and annual plans; manage the brand P&L
- Collaborate with sales teams to identify best practices and uncover needs/ trends and build relationships to improve consistency of brand strategy execution
- Establish clear roles, responsibilities, objectives and metrics for team members.
- Ensures compliance with company and regulatory policies and requirements.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 12+ years of commercial experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry, with significant in-line marketing experience (sales and/or global marketing experience preferred)
- 5+ years successful CNS and/or Pulmonology marketing experience (retail brand launch experience required; launch of multiple brands preferred)
- 5+ years commercial management experience (manager of manager experience preferred)
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and demonstrated cross-functional leadership
- Team oriented individual with solid communication skills including significant experience presenting to senior management and large audiences.
- Must demonstrate good judgement and evidence of good analytical, problem solving, strategic thinking, planning, and project management skills.
- Acts decisively and independently: has confidence and ability to provide clear direction and make decisions (strategic & tactical) without guidance or affirmation (but knows when to inform/seek leadership buy-in)
- Approximately 30-40% travel is required.
- The position is located in the Philadelphia, PA office however qualified candidates may work out of the Palo Alto, CA home office as well. Relocation to a home office is required.
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Bachelor s Degree (life sciences or a related discipline a plus)
- MBA (preferred).
Description of Physical Demands
- Frequent travel between meeting sites.
- Frequently operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
- Frequent interactions with external contacts in their office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer laptop or tablet use, not usually at a workstation.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of normal work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Frequent public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Find a Job Find Candidates