Senior/Executive Director, Sleep Marketing - Ireland
- The Senior/Executive Director, Sleep Marketing for JZP-110 will play a key leadership role within the Sleep Business Unit.
- This candidate will be responsible for aligning a cross-functional team around a clear launch vision and purpose while leading, inspiring, developing and motivating the team to successfully achieve individual and organizational objectives.
- The candidate will help drive product adoption within FDA-approved indication(s) as well as play a critical role in developing short and long term strategic plans to maximize the value of JZP-110.
- This individual will take a primary role working with the brand leadership team to implement the strategic plan while remaining committed to the company’s values. This position will report to the Marketing Lead, Sleep Business Unit.
- Define and execute the US marketing launch strategy for JZP-110 (e.g. positioning, messaging, branding, medical education programs, market research); Lead and align cross-functional teams through successful execution of launch
- Develops/communicates a compelling vision and sense of purpose for the launch (project) team; works collaboratively to formulate long-range and mid-term strategies; demonstrates courage in advancing new, innovative ideas; champions change initiatives to enhance organizational performance.
- Contribute to and disseminate understanding of trends, issues and strategies in the market to stake holders
- Manage and enhance internal and external relationships with colleagues, thought leaders, strategic business partners and vendors.
- Determine US brand pricing strategy and managed markets strategy in collaboration with Head of Pricing and Head of Managed Markets
- Partner with Sales Training to develop comprehensive launch training plan
- Attract, hire, coach, and develop key talent to help build a high-performing marketing organization
- Work with commercial operations to design market research initiatives, develop professional advisory boards and evaluate third party market data to generate a deeper understanding of customer / market needs.
- Focus on ensuring business plans and tactics meet compliance and regulatory standards.
- Post-launch, review and assess US performance, sales and commercial supply forecasts and annual plans; manage the brand P&L
- Collaborate with sales teams to identify best practices and uncover needs/ trends and build relationships to improve consistency of brand strategy execution
- Establish clear roles, responsibilities, objectives and metrics for team members.
- Ensures compliance with company and regulatory policies and requirements.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 12+ years of commercial experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry, with significant in-line marketing experience (sales and/or global marketing experience preferred)
- 5+ years successful CNS and/or Pulmonology marketing experience (retail brand launch experience required; launch of multiple brands preferred)
- 5+ years commercial management experience (manager of manager experience preferred)
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and demonstrated cross-functional leadership
- Team oriented individual with solid communication skills including significant experience presenting to senior management and large audiences.
- Must demonstrate good judgement and evidence of good analytical, problem solving, strategic thinking, planning, and project management skills.
- Acts decisively and independently: has confidence and ability to provide clear direction and make decisions (strategic & tactical) without guidance or affirmation (but knows when to inform/seek leadership buy-in)
- Approximately 30-40% travel is required.
- The position is located in the Philadelphia, PA office however qualified candidates may work out of the Palo Alto, CA home office as well. Relocation to a home office is required.
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Bachelor’s Degree (life sciences or a related discipline a plus)
- MBA (preferred).
Description of Physical Demands
- Frequent travel between meeting sites.
- Frequently operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
- Frequent interactions with external contacts in their office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer laptop or tablet use, not usually at a workstation.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of “normal” work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Frequent public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.