Senior Engineer, Single Use Systems Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Single Use Systems Engineering provides technical leadership for design, sourcing, and operational support projects involving single use technologies. The group works cooperatively with Operations, Quality, Supplier Development & Performance Management, Planning, and Procurement. Responsibilities contain technical, regulatory, and business strategy elements. We are increasing emphasis on standardization and environmental sustainability.
The Single Use Systems Engineer will be responsible for projects and activities related to disposable process equipment including storage bags, mixing systems, filters, and tubing assemblies. Areas of focus will include assisting internal customers with selection and implementation of single use technology, development of best practices, process productivity and sustainability improvement projects, and supplier change management.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Act as a subject matter expert for Single Use Systems (SUS) and components; build knowledge of the processes used to manufacture SUS by participation in professional groups, personal study, and interactions with manufacturers;
- Develop standards and practices to resolve and avoid single-use component problems;
- Collaborate with customers in operations, procurement, site tech ops, sustainability, and other global partner groups;
- Collaborate with suppliers to improve the quality and supply chains of SUS to support World Class Supply of vaccines and sterile products;
- Evaluate supplier changes for impact to Merck business; generate required documentation in change control systems and support related site activities;
- Participate in assessments to identify and mitigate risks of new components and new technologies;
- Work internally and externally to develop best practices and standards for the industry.
- B.S. in engineering or science
- Three (3) or more years of engineering, manufacturing, or scientific work experience
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry or other regulated environment.
- Single use technology experience
- Experience in plastics processing or plastic part design
- Excellent collaboration skills and enthusiasm for customer service
- Technical problem-solving abilities
- Technical writing proficiency
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Chemical Engineering
Job Title:Sr. Spclst, Engineering
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-West Point
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Pharmaceutical, Manufacturing Engineer, Supply, Engineer, Procurement, Science, Engineering, Operations