This job is currently Archived,
Senior EHS Specialist - Ireland
Posted on : 07 May 2017
- Our company is a biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients with severe and rare disorders through the innovation, development and commercialization of life-transforming therapeutic products.
- Our company is the global leader in complement inhibition and has developed and markets a treatment for patients with PNH and aHUS, two debilitating, ultra-rare and life-threatening disorders caused by chronic uncontrolled complement activation.
- Our company is evaluating other potential indications for its marketed drug and is developing additional highly innovative biotechnology product candidates across multiple therapeutic areas.
The Senior Specialist, Environmental Health and Safety will provide environmental, health, and safety support for all operations at the company Manufacturing Facility.
- Works closely with manufacturing staff operations, QC, Packaging and other support functions to promote safe practices, procedures, and proper use of equipment and facilities.
- Identifies and addresses site EHS issues and employee concerns.
- Performs incident management activities including injury management investigations and associated record keeping.
- Identifies implements and tracks corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
- Performs EHS hazard assessments including industrial hygiene monitoring and makes recommendations to control hazards.
- Develops, implements and maintains training programs for health, safety and the environment.
- Stays abreast of new EHS government regulations as they are promulgated as well as new developments in industry (best practices).
- Builds relationships with key departments to foster support for EHS programs.
- Develops and maintains the Environmental and Health & Safety Management System
- A minimum of five years' professional experience required in environment, health, and safety programs.
- A minimum of 2-4 years relevant experience in cGMP environment is desirable
- Knowledge and understanding of environment, health, and safety permitting and regulations.
- Knowledge and understanding of environment, health, and safety compliance reporting.
- Ability to make effective oral presentations and work as part of a team.
- Proficiency in organizing, communication, problem solving, multitasking and collaborating with others.
- Ability to develop and roll out EHS programs as required by the operational needs of the business
- The individual in this position will be able to organize his/her own work on a routine basis and requires minimal supervision.
- The individual must be able to provide updates and tracking on tasks.
- Good communication skills required, both verbal and written.
- BS in an EHS-related discipline, such as engineering, physical science, or biological science/chemistry, or equivalent experience required
- Qualification or experience in safety and environmental required
- Our company is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and delivering life-transforming therapies for patients with devastating and rare disorders. Our company developed and commercializes the first and only approved complement inhibitor to treat patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH) and atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), two life-threatening ultra-rare disorders.
- As the global leader in complement inhibition, our company is strengthening and broadening its portfolio of complement inhibitors, including evaluating potential indications for eculizumab in additional severe and ultra-rare disorders.
- Our company's metabolic franchise includes two highly innovative enzyme replacement therapies for patients with life-threatening and ultra-rare disorders
- In addition, our company is advancing the most robust rare disease pipeline in the biotech industry, with highly innovative product candidates in multiple therapeutic areas