This job is currently Archived,
Posted on : 20 May 2017
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- The Senior Specialist, Safety & Environment provides both generic and specialist EHS advice on all matters relating to the site EHS programmes.
- The ideal candidate is a self directed, technically stong individual who can work in a multi-functionary team environment.
- Assists in the management of the site EHS programs.
- Maintains contact with the various outside environmental and safety agencies.
- Monitors developments in EHS Regulations and interpretations of these by regulatory agencies. Advise site management of changes in regulations or interpretations.
- Develops and implements site strategies to ensure 100% compliance with all current and future EHS requirements as and when they arise.
- Manages the site s periodic EHS Self Assessments programme to assure conformance with Site, Corporate and/or Statutory EHS requirements.
- Leads and implements improvements to EHS management systems.
- Assists in the timely response to external and internal stakeholder EHS requests and recommendations.
- Provide technical support and advice to line management on new and existing process and equipment in support of the EHS department s overall objectives.
- Coaches others on EHS matters.
- Develops and delivers EHS training to the site.
- Provides EHS input, guidance and direction to the review of equipment modifications, new process introductions and capital installations.
- Lead S&E related projects and manage execution of projects.
- Participate in risk assessments, inspections, audits, incident investigations, and implement and follow-up on related CAPAs
- Deputy for site EHS Lead where required Functional Area Definition Responsible for the design, development,implementation and oversight of the organization's environmental,health and safety programs and procedures to safeguard employees and surrounding communities and to ensure legal compliance.
- Job Family Definition Designs, develops, implements and oversees the organization's environmental, health and safety programs and procedures to safeguard employees and surrounding communities and to ensure that all facilities are in compliance with regulations.
- Technical primary degree with a post-grad EHS qualification.
- 7-10 years EHS experience in an operational environment.
- Strong leadership, influencing and collaboration skills required.
- Our employees are the key to our company s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Segment: Environmental Health & Safety, Law, Compliance, Technical Support, Animal Health, Healthcare, Legal, Technology, Veterinary
Find a Job Find Candidates