Senior Domestic Tax Manager Wilmington United States,
Charles River (company)
Manage the Company s US Federal and State tax reporting and compliance. Manage the tax accounting as it relates to CRL s US operations, including the quarterly ETR, year-end provision, provision to return adjustments, and maintenance of the US tax related balance sheet accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the Federal and State tax returns, estimated payments and extensions are complete, proper and timely filed.
- Ensure that all Federal and State tax accounting as it relates to the US is completed in accordance with ASC 740.
- Monitor changes in Federal and State tax law and assess impact to CRL.
- Manage the preparation and review of forecasts of significant permanent items and deferred tax adjustments for monthly ETR calculations and quarterly tax provisions.
- Manage tax compliance process including review and approval of all Federal and State income tax returns and related workpapers, schedules and disclosures. Ensure returns are well documented and audit ready.
- Manage Federal and State estimates and extension process ensuring timely and adequate payments to avoid penalties.
- Ensure proper computation of taxable income including all permanent and temporary differences. Work with the Company s Finance and Operating Management to understand the Company s business strategy and current accounting treatment and to evaluate the tax impact of the business.\
- Manage year-end provision process, including all computations and OneSource input for US entities. Review the US Federal and State provision to return adjustments and impact on ETR.
- Review and ensure the accuracy of the Federal tax depreciation calculations.
- Review state apportionment and ensure compliance with the laws and regulations of each state.
- Manage the maintenance of US tax related balance sheet accounts including payable and all deferred tax asset and liability accounts.
- Assist with US Federal and State audits including addressing inquiries from tax authorities; determining whether there is exposure and assessing the reserve needed under ASC 740.
- Manage domestic tax planning and accounting methods including production deduction, UNICAP, Sec. 162(m), and State tax matters.
- Manage and review all tax accounting and associated journal entries as it relates to stock compensation on a quarterly basis.
- Manage and develop staff to complete all of the above in a timely and effective manner.
- Identify opportunities to improve current processes and procedures as it relates to the current tax function
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Find a Job Find Candidates