Manage the Company’s US Federal and State tax reporting and compliance. Manage the tax accounting as it relates to CRL’s US operations, including the quarterly ETR, year-end provision, provision to return adjustments, and maintenance of the US tax related balance sheet accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the Federal and State tax returns, estimated payments and extensions are complete, proper and timely filed.
- Ensure that all Federal and State tax accounting as it relates to the US is completed in accordance with ASC 740.
- Monitor changes in Federal and State tax law and assess impact to CRL.
- Manage the preparation and review of forecasts of significant permanent items and deferred tax adjustments for monthly ETR calculations and quarterly tax provisions.
- Manage tax compliance process including review and approval of all Federal and State income tax returns and related workpapers, schedules and disclosures. Ensure returns are well documented and audit ready.
- Manage Federal and State estimates and extension process ensuring timely and adequate payments to avoid penalties.
- Ensure proper computation of taxable income including all permanent and temporary differences. Work with the Company’s Finance and Operating Management to understand the Company’s business strategy and current accounting treatment and to evaluate the tax impact of the business.\
- Manage year-end provision process, including all computations and OneSource input for US entities. Review the US Federal and State provision to return adjustments and impact on ETR.
- Review and ensure the accuracy of the Federal tax depreciation calculations.
- Review state apportionment and ensure compliance with the laws and regulations of each state.
- Manage the maintenance of US tax related balance sheet accounts including payable and all deferred tax asset and liability accounts.
- Assist with US Federal and State audits including addressing inquiries from tax authorities; determining whether there is exposure and assessing the reserve needed under ASC 740.
- Manage domestic tax planning and accounting methods including production deduction, UNICAP, Sec. 162(m), and State tax matters.
- Manage and review all tax accounting and associated journal entries as it relates to stock compensation on a quarterly basis.
- Manage and develop staff to complete all of the above in a timely and effective manner.
- Identify opportunities to improve current processes and procedures as it relates to the current tax function
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in Finance, Accounting, or related discipline. Masters in Taxation or J.D. preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of eight years of directly related experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: CPA is preferred and/or bar admission preferred.
- Other: Strong, communication, project management and organization skills required. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet