Senior District Sales Manager, Spine - United States
Are you looking for a challenge within a dynamic global organisation or a German family business? At B. Braun you can find both. For more than 175 years and counting, B. Braun is amongst the world's top healthcare companies operating in 64 countries, with over 55,000 experts networking their knowledge every day. You can thrive in this strong culture of continuous exchange. Become a part of the B. Braun family and share your expertise. Together we improve healthcare.
- Position Summary:
- Responsible for achieving and exceeding sales quota and sales/inventory forecasts through effectively directing the sales efforts of Aesculap indirect/direct sales reps in the assigned District.
- Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Counsels direct sellers and Distributor Partners in their hiring, development and management of sales personnel within the assigned area.
- Directs and supports all assigned indirect/direct sales representatives to achieve/exceed their respective sales quotas.
- Achieves the annual sales quota and other relevant targets including but not limited to price realization, inventory management and sales force stability.
- In conjunction with the National Sales Director, partner with distributors and direct sales personnel in order to define Strategic Account plans for the area and focus on the development of a strong collaborative working relationship in order to implement the strategic plans and achieve the overall objectives.
- Assists direct reports to define, communicate, and implement the assigned area sales objectives in alignment with overall SBA objectives and key areas of focus.
- Assists direct reports to help oversee technical product training for each assigned area sales reps and make recommendations for future development.
- Implements corporate sales policy within the assigned area.
- Works with Corporate Accounts Directors to initiate new managed care opportunities as well as manage existing contracts to maximize sales.
- Assists direct reports to organize and coordinate needed District meetings as well as manage the participating sales reps at conventions and academy meetings when assigned.
- Assists direct reports to develop and implement short and long-term sales plans and programs within the budget restrictions.
- Conducts annual and quarterly business plan reviews with the Distributors and their relevant sales directors and managers.
- Maintains close contact with surgeon champions, opinion leaders and Hospital/Corporate Account key decision makers in order to find new ways to strengthen Aesculap’s position in the market.
- Performs all required administrative functions, i.e., monthly reports, correspondence with sales personnel, customers, expense reporting, etc.
- Leads direct reports in implementing sales policies and programs, i.e. sales quotas, contracts, sales & inventory forecasts, expense budgets, etc.
- Effectively manages direct personal and sales representatives’ expenses, i.e. travel, meetings, entertainment, etc.
- Monitors performance of sales reps and make recommendations for promotions, reprimands, warnings and terminations.
- Interfaces with Marketing in projects that affect sales activity.
- Advises direct reports on performance standards of each sales representative within their specific area.
- Works closely with Operations team on inventory levels and policies/process for inventory management.
- Responds to customer needs, requirements and problems in accordance with company policy.
- Conducts data analysis market research as needed.
- Completes specifically assigned projects as required.
- Observes surgical procedures as required to remain informed of industry trends.
- Effectively manages personal and sales reps sample inventory and ensures Setworld product is returned in a timely manner.
- Must comply with applicable ISO and FDA regulations as stated in Quality Manual
- Must embody the Company’s Vision, Mission and Values
- Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Secondary or Peripheral Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally by air and car, and work occasional weekends. Must possess a valid government issued drivers license and passport.
- Requires excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Computer skills in Windows, Microsoft Office Suite of products, Word, Excel, and Power Point desirable.
- This position requires the handling of instruments that may have been contaminated by blood or other bodily fluids. In compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations, Aesculap will provide a safe working environment for all employees.
- Other duties may be assigned
- Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Manages various manufacturing representatives and direct sellers. Managerial position that includes decision-making responsibilities as part of a Sales District.
- Expertise: Qualifications-Experience/Training/Education/Etc
- Undergraduate degree, graduate degree preferred.
- At least 5 years experience in a medical device sales position.
- Previous field based sales management experience preferred.
- Specific skills: product and clinical knowledge, great organizational, interpersonal, sales, leadership, customer relations, communicative and managerial skills.
- Language and mathematical skills; reasoning ability:
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply basic and advanced business math including calculations within Excel spreadsheets and generating appropriate graphs. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect date, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled
- Through its “Sharing Expertise®” initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
What we offer
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position could require the handling of instruments that may or may not have been contaminated by blood or other body fluids. In compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations, Aesculap will provide a safe working environment for all employees.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.