Senior Director Project Management (Germany) - Germany
- Our company is seeking a Senior Project Manager with a strong technical product development background in biopharmaceutical R&D, Manufacturing, and clinical development
- The Senior Project Manager will work closely with all pharmaceutical research and development areas, manufacturing, supply chain, quality and regulatory to ensure development and execution of project plans to meet key corporate goals.
- The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for the cross functional management of a development program from inception to filing and will partner closely with team members across the organization as well as members of our company’s senior management team to orchestrate development of development plans, timelines, budgets, and ensure execution of project plans to meet key corporate goals.
- Act as main point of contact for any project-related issues, both internally and with external stakeholders for his/her assigned projects
- Responsible for coordination of regular project team meetings/calls, monitoring progress and corresponding project timelines, performing the required activities to keep the assigned project on track
- Lead the team to follow the defined development strategy, including issue-solving and risk mitigation to meet the predefined development goals in time
- Clear and open communication and fostering of proactive cross-functional integrations across departments and company sites to ensure transparency of project status and corresponding documentation
- Contribute to discussions related to other projects
- Develops and maintains program budgets and timelines, facilitates cross-functional logistics and manages project communications tools/documents used by the team and functional area management
The primary location for this role is our company‘s office. It is expected that Senior Project Manager will have to travel internationally, as required by the Project related of Department activities.
- The Senior Project Manager will report to and will be supervised by the Vice President Early CMC and Project Management, within the Project Management Department.
Qualification and Experience:
Master degree in a science related field or Pharm.D./ Ph.D degree in a science related field, strongly preferred.
Fluent in English, both written and verbal. Any additional language is advantageous.
Proficient in use of a PC and common Microsoft packages such as Word, Visio, Excel, Powerpoint in addition strong MS project working knowledge. Will be expected to understand basic principles of GMP. Any in-depth knowledge in that area is advantageous but not a must.
- 5+ years in relevant functions in the Pharmaceutical Industry, or equivalent. A proven track record of effective project management is strongly required.
- Demonstrated experience in all phases of drug development as well as a strong leadership skills are required, ideally with previous exposure in the bio similar business.
- On top, strong interpersonal, organizational, and cross-functional collaboration skills are expected.
- This role requires to value team dynamic, be organizationally oriented, leading outstandingly a team in a matrixed-management / leadership environment, build team spirit, create/maintain a positive atmosphere within the project team, be tolerant and considerate, but at the same time focused not to jeopardize timelines and scope without approval.
- You are a very active and open communicator and you share knowledge and experience with the team.
- Your daily behavior and actions should be driven by the company’s values and goals.
To be part of a growing team dedicated to improving access-to-medicine, we offer opportunities to bring forward ideas, lead change and ongoing opportunities for personal development and growth in an international company.