Senior Director of Finance – Discovery and Analytical Solutions - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Reporting to the DAS CFO, this individual will partner with the VP and GMs of Product Management and the VP of Research and Development (“R&D”) by providing management with insightful financial analysis and reengineering critical financial processes to improve business performance.
- The successful person will have both strong leadership, analytical and communication skills, combined with the ability to think strategically and drive process change. This is a high visibility global role that offers significant growth potential and frequent interactions with senior management.
- Successful candidate will be able to develop strong partnerships and knowledge of the business to anticipate needs and drive decision making that achieves growth.
- Lead development of meaningful monthly, quarterly and ad hoc analysis that enables the Product Management team to achieve business objectives.
- Support Product Management and R&D by leading the development of credible new product introduction financial models.
- Ensure risks and opportunities related to launch dates, revenue and returns (NPV/IRR) are visible and actionable.
- Collaborate with the DAS leadership team as well as Corporate Strategy and Business Development to drive portfolio optimization including identification, valuation and integration of acquisition targets.
- Partner with other functions and lead initiatives to provide greater visibility into opportunities related to sales execution, order-to-cash processes, and manufacturing and sourcing productivity.
- Provide key insights into opportunities for profitability expansion: Pricing, pull-through revenue, installed base management and after-market opportunities.
- Lead a Global Finance team to generate monthly and quarterly reporting package and relevant financial analysis for executive management.
- Lead integration and collaboration with other DAS Finance leaders to research business drivers and variances to plan.
- Continually identify opportunities to drive improvements related to business performance, leveraging management reporting and forecasting processes and analytics. Lead and enhance the transformation of management reporting and analytics related to product profitability.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance or Accounting
- MBA, CPA, CFA strongly preferred
- 15+ years of financial analysis in a business partnering capacity
- At least 5 years of experience managing a team
- Ability to seamlessly partner with business and functional leaders in a matrix environment to effectively align resources and leverage reporting and analytics to produce meaningful insights
- Experience managing a globally dispersed team
- Working knowledge of financial systems (Hyperion, SAP, Business Objects)
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills with superior attention to detail
- Self-starter with demonstrated leadership skills and ability to meet goals given limited supervision
- Strong communications skills and the ability to interact with, and build productive working relationships with various levels, functions and teams