- The Medical Director will provide strategic planning and leadership to all in-country Medical Affairs activities and will drive and manage the performance and development of the local Medical team.
- The Medical Director will provide scientific and medical leadership that advances the understanding of the medical landscape in relation to relevant diseases and company products, and support the development and implementation of appropriate strategies within the country in line with the Global Medical Affairs Plan.
Demonstrate the appropriate leadership, direction and accountability for:
- Ensuring all medical activities are performed according to internal and external rules, policies, SOPs and regulations, setting an appropriate tone at the top
- Leading and managing direct reports to ensure achievement of objectives, personal development, and ensuring the team is trained and equipped to achieve established goals
- Ensuring field-based medical teams have clear objectives, performance metrics and agreed working relationships with other field-based functions
- Ensure delivery of high quality local TA Plan aligned with Global TA Plan
- Routinely assessing, maximizing and communicating the performance of the medical affairs team
- Defining the country Medical resource needs and leading the Medical budget planning, resource allocation and budget management
- Organizing the country pharmacovigilance activities, in conjunction with Regional and Global pharmacovigilance, including assigning company Drug Safety Officer responsibilities to ensure pharmacovigilance requirements are fulfilled according to regulatory and company policy
- Organizing the country medical information function, ensure timely response to medical information inquiries and collation of requests, utilizing global medical information resources and in line with local regulatory requirements and company policy
- Identifying training needs with other functional leaders and ensure implementation of training programs for the commercial teams and other functions, providing medical leadership and education in line with local and global strategy and preparing staff to handle interactions with customers
- Collaborating with Clinical Operations to manage the in country Clinical Operations Lead role and ensuring their activities are prioritized to meet the clinical operations and country objective
- In-depth experience in medical affairs and leadership roles
- Experience in leading teams and managing people in a complex, matrix environment
- Product lifecycle management experience preferred
- Demonstrated success in creating and managing Medical Affairs teams, across therapeutic areas with a comprehensive understanding of the compliance issues concerning Medical Affairs
- Orphan diseases knowledge/experience, preferred
- Demonstrated ability to influence important customers, challenge common perceptions and implement medical affairs tools to improve patient care and outcomes
- Good analytical skills as applied to medical, scientific and technical information.
- Demonstrated experience in late clinical development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both local language and in English
- Computer skills
- Adaptability to multicultural environment
- Medical degree (M.D.), experience in clinical practice and solid eperience in the Pharmaceutical or biotech industry.
- Our company is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and delivering life-transforming therapies for patients with devastating and rare disorders. Our company developed and commercializes the first and only approved complement inhibitor to treat patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH) and atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), two life-threatening ultra-rare disorders.
- As the global leader in complement inhibition, our company is strengthening and broadening its portfolio of complement inhibitors, including evaluating potential indications for eculizumab in additional severe and ultra-rare disorders.
- Our company's metabolic franchise includes two highly innovative enzyme replacement therapies for patients with life-threatening and ultra-rare disorders
- In addition, our company is advancing the most robust rare disease pipeline in the biotech industry, with highly innovative product candidates in multiple therapeutic areas