Senior Director, Information Technology - United States
Senior Director Information Technology
Avadel, a publicly traded specialty global pharmaceutical company with commercial offices located in Chesterfield, MO is seeking a Senior Director of Information Technology. This new senior level position is responsible for the Company’s global Information Technology infrastructure. The position is accountable for directing the information and data integrity of the enterprise and its groups and for all Information Technology functions of the enterprise. This includes data centers, help desks, communication networks (voice and data), and SAGE X3 program development and maintenance. This position is also responsible for maintaining the integrity of all electronic books and records of the enterprise.
The Senior Director Information Technology will report to the Senior VP and Chief Financial Officer. This position interacts with the executive management team to monitor and validate the enterprise’s compliance with its security policies, which includes but is not limited to Sarbanes Oxley Section 404.
This position reviews all computerized and manual systems; information processing equipment and software for acquisition, storage and retrieval; and definition of the strategic direction of all information processing and communication systems and operations. This position provides overall management and definition of all computer and communication activities within the enterprise including responsibility for providing a leadership role in the day to day operations of the Information Technology function as well as providing direction as we grow through internal growth and acquisition.
- Development of comprehensive IT strategy and policies
- Transition hardware and all backbone operations and hardware to the US.
- Ensure the company’s current technology infrastructure is optimized and aligned with our current business model and strategic plans.
- Ensure the Company’s communication systems, including network infrastructure, wide area connectivity are optimal and secure.
- Work closely with the management team to ensure optimum allocation and utilization of technology resources.
- Supervise and recruit technology staff.
- Ensure that the company’s IT operations adhere to local laws and proper internal controls are in place to satisfy all SOX and other regulations.
- Ensure the security of the Company’s data and information assets.
- Work closely with other C-level executives to create strategic plans and systems in anticipation of future growth.
- Establish the IT department’s operative goals and objectives.
Requirements and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Ten years of progressive IT leadership experience with a global company required.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Exceptional management skills and interpersonal skills.
- Extensive experience working in technology and/or business roles within a company.
- Expertise managing all facets of an Enterprise Resource System. Working knowledge of SAGE XS a plus.
- Proactive and creative to develop and optimize new information systems as required.
- Must have a demonstrated hands-on approach and success in working in a team-based environment.
- Excellent working knowledge of internal control and methods and processes to secure data.
- Ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally.
- Leadership skills to create and attract an IT team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
We look forward to talking with you!