Senior Director, Global Environmental Health & Safety - United States
- The Sr. Director, Global Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) will be accountable for leading company’s global EHS program across all sites.
- This role will create the vision and strategy for EHS, along with the necessary operating framework, objectives, policies, standards, procedures, tools and systems to ensure compliance. The Sr. Director will also be accountable for building a strong safety culture across the company enterprise.
- Establish an operating model that will deliver consistent, compliant and scalable EHS practices across corporate, affiliate and manufacturing locations.
- Develop a strong EHS team with clear roles and responsibilities. Provide clear direction against an aligned set of EHS objectives.
- Develop and implement a robust set of EHS policies, standards and operating procedures.
- Define and implement appropriate program metrics; lead EHS governance and ensure that company management is informed on a regular basis of our EHS profile including risks and continuous improvement efforts.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive EHS inspection readiness program
- Develop and implement a global safety program that ensures all company employees worldwide have the appropriate training, tools and safety knowledge.
- Foster individual accountability among employees so that the EHS programs can be maximally effective.
- Provide highly visible EHS leadership and sustain engagement with employees.
- Partner with key departments to ensure there is a robust self-inspection and internal audit plan in place for EHS.
- Collaborate with senior leaders in all functions to drive the adoption of EHS practices, the identification and mitigation of risks, and to proliferate the ‘accountable for safety’ mindset throughout the organization.
- Enforce EHS compliance all company sites, inclusive of all pertinent regulations (Federal, State or provincial, and local agencies).
- Ensure the adoption of best practices and monitoring of changes in the external regulatory environment.
- 15+ years experience in relevant EHS roles of increasing scope and responsibility including leading global EHS organizations
- Knowledge of chemical hygiene, biosafety and radioactive safety principles. Professional certifications, such as CIH or CSP
- Experience in process safety and/or chemical engineering
- Deep experience with all applicable environments including professional offices, laboratories, vivaria and manufacturing plants
- Deep experience implementing and managing a strong safety culture, across geographic regions
- Ability to travel internationally
- Our company is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and delivering life-transforming therapies for patients with devastating and rare disorders. Our company developed and commercializes the first and only approved complement inhibitor to treat patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH) and atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), two life-threatening ultra-rare disorders.
- As the global leader in complement inhibition, our company is strengthening and broadening its portfolio of complement inhibitors, including evaluating potential indications for eculizumab in additional severe and ultra-rare disorders.
- Our company's metabolic franchise includes two highly innovative enzyme replacement therapies for patients with life-threatening and ultra-rare disorders
- In addition, our company is advancing the most robust rare disease pipeline in the biotech industry, with highly innovative product candidates in multiple therapeutic areas.