This job is currently Archived,
Senior Director for Instrument Software - Canada
Posted on : 30 June 2017
- The Senior Director for Instrument Software coordinates software projects that span multiple business lines.
- This individuals will work with the instrument teams defining and delivering software that spans from firmware to end-user applications; making technical trade-offs while looking for potential synergies.
- Participation in the development of next generation digital solution platform
- Working with the greater DAS R&D team on operational and strategic goals
- Working with all business units, drive a convergence plan on legacy platforms & enable a shift of resources and funding to future, differentiated offerings.
- Ensure global resources are applied efficiently, eliminating duplicate work and developing clear resource prioritization mechanisms.
- Enhance team capabilities via training, work assignments & hiring of new/critical skills essential for future support of the business strategic priorities.
- Implement agile methodologies and leaner processes for hardware-software solution new product development programs.
- Coordinate budgeting and resourcing for global teams.
- This role will be responsible for enhancing the capabilities and competitiveness of the existing product line. Through the definition and delivery of software products that augment the capabilities of our company diagnostic instruments.
- Implement operational metrics to monitor team progress and effectiveness.
Job Requirements :
- Bachelor’s (Master’s preferred) degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- 8+ years experience leading software teams that were developing scientific or engineering solutions
- Demonstrated experience making technical trade-offs in a leadership role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Excellent work ethic and desire to learn and take on new challenges
Special Skills & Knowledge:
- Bridge the communications between the local business owners and the off-shore R&D resources
- Create personal and technical growth opportunities on a team that is maintaining an group of existing software platforms
- Must have strong teamwork orientation and the ability to foster collaboration within and across teams
- Excellent work ethic and strong sense of ownership of end result