Senior Director, Business Strategy & Analytics - United States
- Our company is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives.
- Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health.
- We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge.
- With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
- This senior Business Strategy and Analytics position supports the Senior Vice-President Business Operations, Global Pharmaceutical Development and Operations (GPDO) in all aspects of the Business Strategy and Analytics functions.
- This candidate is responsible for the alignment of GPDO with the Franchises, Research and Early Development, and the company Corporate supporting functions for Business Strategy.
- The position serves as a member of the Business Operations Leadership Team to ensure best in class performance.
- This senior business Strategy and Analytics position is responsible for the GPDO strategic planning process and the analytics associated to it.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop a strategy and implementation plan for the Business Strategy and Analytics function, and hire, coach and develop the Business Strategy and Analytics team to develop a high performing team.
- Ensure GPDO business strategic alignment internally and with other company functions, including franchises, research and early development, and corporate support functions.
- Lead the annual Strategic Planning process for GPDO in alignment with PBP&A, including the budget development, the three-year plan, the LRP process for the function, including Capital and IT projects, and develop business processes after assessment of the needs.
- Monitor and coordinate collection of revisions/updates to business assumptions and strategies throughout GPDO organization.
- Assist BP&A with monetizing financial impact over 3-year planning period.
- summarize all proposed GPDO CAPEX projects
- Provide BP&A team with quarterly update of proposed projects including estimated CAPEX/OPEX split, project start and end dates.
- Leads the strategic S&OP process to ensure alignment of GPDO with the commercial functions.
- Lead the creation of a long-range GPDO strategy and roadmap and manage the resulting long range plan which includes, but is not limited to, capacity, operations, strategic resource planning and investments.
- Lead GPDO initiatives to assess capacity and capability opportunities, risks, including talent. Lead the creation of a process, and build, test, and analyze business cases for long range strategic opportunities.
- Build the capabilities to ensure the development of business cases to support the implementation of the product technical commercialization.
- Responsible for coordinating input of internal/external subject matter experts that generate business assumptions.
- Responsible for all ad-hoc modeling of business cases.
- Responsible for alignment of business case with GPDO strategic plan.
- Ensure the development of Business Analytics for GPDO and Business Case development for specific assets or infrastructure development needs to drive value through strategic investments. Guide GPDO through in depth analysis of key strategic issues and cooperate with other department heads in their strategic assessment and development, and review of their short and long term strategy to ensure an alignment across the comapny.
- Support the management of the portfolio budget in conjunction with Finance, to efficiently manage the spending, ensure execution within allocated budgets, and/or identify areas of variance, to help to offset shortfalls while accomplishing objectives, and to overall provide input into short term and long term plan.
- Provide timely update of changes to GPDO business assumptions, new contracts, Capital Project approvals to BP&A to ensure proper accounting treatment in each financial reporting period.
- Respond to any financial adjustments requested by Senior Management to meet budget targets.
- Acts as a liaison with finance for all tax related issues
- Collaborate with the other members of the Business Operations leadership team to align internally and contribute to a well-coordinated and highly performing team. Align and share GPDO strategy and business assumptions with HRBP and BP&A Teams.
- As part of Oracle routing process, ensure alignment with GPDO strategy.
MBA degree required with 10-year experience.
- Performance driven operational background with strong business acumen
- Multi-year experience in running a strategic planning team
- Collaborative negotiation capabilities
- Business analytics and modelling skills
- Manufacturing experience (pharmaceutical industry preferred)
- People management experience focused on a collaborative team approach
- Proven leadership skills and capabilities
- Strategic capabilities linked to execution
- Change agent within a strategic role
- Ability to articulate our strategy to Executive Management
- Excellent communication skills at all levels. Our company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Our complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act.