This job is currently Archived,
Senior Cyber Security/ Penetration Test Engineer Nuneaton United Kingdom,
HORIBA Mira (company)
Posted on : 31 March 2017
- Our company is a global provider of pioneering engineering, research and test services to the automotive, defense, aerospace and rail sectors.
- We work in close collaboration with vehicle manufacturers and suppliers around the world, providing comprehensive support ranging from individual product tests to turnkey engineering design, development and build programmes.
- With over 70 years experience in developing some of the world s most iconic vehicles, our engineers utilise the latest test facilities and simulation tools to make vehicles and journeys safer, cleaner, more efficient and rewarding.
- The Systems and Safety team are responsible for the deployment of functional safety, systems engineering and cyber security expertise and tools across the business to deliver internal and external projects.
- These projects can involve a combination of engineering, consultancy, analysis, training, audit and assessment either directly to external customers or for internal product developments. Our portfolio covers all domains of land-based transportation including automotive, commercial, off-highway and defence applications.
- With customers ranging from global vehicle manufacturers down to part-level suppliers, we take a pragmatic approach to scaling international standards and good engineering practice to an appropriate level for the individual client.
- We are now looking for a Senior Cyber Security/ Penetration Test Engineer to join our busy team.
Essential experience for this role would include:
- Commercial penetration testing in the information technology and/or internet of things domain
- Commercial-off-the-shelf embedded operating systems (embedded Windows, Linux, QNX, Android, IOS & )
- WiFi and Ethernet networks: monitoring and attacking
- Bluetooth, NFC or other wireless networks: monitoring and attacking
- USB subsystems and manipulation
- DAB radio services and implementation
- Deployment of over-the-air updates
- Commonplace tools such as SDR
- Writing attack code/malware
- Internet / cloud security
- Mobile security (smartphone integration, CarPlay, etc)
- Code analysis (reverse engineering binary code)
- Threat modelling
- Frameworks such as Metasploit
- Software attacks such as SQL injection
- A strong experience in orchestrating structured attacks and recording data in a systematic way
Essential skills for this role would include:
- Be capable of delivering a high standard of technical writing
- Be capable of presenting technical information confidently to customers
- Be a self-starter and able to execute designated tasks accurately and within timing and budget constraints
- Have well-developed analytical skills rigorous but pragmatic, being able to justify decisions with solid rationale
- Have good interpersonal skills a consensus-builder not confrontational
- Be capable of technically coordinating a small group of engineers
Essential qualifications for this role would include:
- Good first degree (minimum 2:1) in electrical/electronic engineering, IT system, computer sciences or other relevant related discipline
Desirable qualifications for this role would include:
- Higher degree (relevant M.Sc, Eng D or Ph.D)
- Corporate membership of an engineering institution including Chartered Engineer qualification
- Relevant vocational courses (certified IT professional courses for example)
- The candidate should be willing to travel and work flexibly:
- The job is likely to involve periods of 1 week at a time spent overseas approximately 3 or 4 times per year.
- The job may also involve extended placements at customer facilities requiring travel within the UK for 1 to 3 days per week.
- Additionally, the candidate should be willing to engage in the security clearance process and work on defense related projects.
Find a Job Find Candidates