Senior Counsel - France
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Participating in strategic decisions impacting the business/local affiliate
- Drafting/reviewing commercial agreements
- Advising on acceptability of promotional materials and activities and conducting risk assessment
- Advising and training on competition law
- Litigation support (civil/administrative/criminal)
- Regulatory Affairs & Value and Access
- Interpretation and advising on the law relating to medicinal products and devices
- Advising on tender, pricing, reimbursement and market access related issues
- Assisting on legal related interactions with the French pharmaceutical agency (ANSM)
- Supporting external GXP inspections and internal audits
- R&D/Medical Department Support
- Advising on appropriate interactions with health care professionals and healthcare organisations
- Advising the local grants and donations and sponsorship committees
- Training on anti corruption/FCPA
- Supporting local healthcare compliance investigations
- Supporting Data Protection Officer on data privacy issues
- Corporate Administration
- Advice and assistance on various corporate administration matters
- Administrative and supervisory matters
- Manage external counsel and associated budgets
- Manage lawyer in French affiliate
- Fluent written and spoken French and English.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong commercial orientation, leadership and organizational abilities.
- Skillful negotiator/influencer and ability to constructively challenge and act as sparring partner.
- Able to prioritise effectively, delegate and drive clear and timely outcomes
- Proactive, “self-starter”, able to issue spot and analyse complex legal problems and present alternative/creative solutions to management.
- Good judgment and maturity, able to assess and advise on legal risk and act as a partner to the business in order to enable it to achieve its commercial and strategic objectives.
- Strategic thinker, able to utilize knowledge and experience to understand impact of emerging trends and implications for the company.
- Self-aware person who can successfully manage client expectations and can work well with a variety of personalities/capabilities in cross-functional teams.
Educational and Professional Requirements:
- Excellent academic credentials and law degree from recognized university.
- Qualification to practice law in France and admitted to the French Bar.
- Minimum of 10 years’ post-qualification experience gained from a combination of practice at a major law firm advising on life sciences industry issues and working as an in-house counsel for a pharmaceutical/biotechnology company.
- Knowledge of ANSM and HAS (Transparency Committee) rules and procedures impacting the life sciences industry.