‘Caring for the world, one person at a time’... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Janssen Pharmaceutica joined the Johnson & Johnson group in 1961. Today, Janssen Pharmaceutica is one of the most innovative pharmaceutical companies in the world. Our research and development centre develops products for a wide range of disease areas, such as mental disorders, neurological problems, infectious diseases, immunological disorders, cancer, and cardiovascular and metabolic conditions.
The Senior Contracts Manager (Attorney) is a dedicated resource to the Contracting Team within the EMEA Procurement Enterprise Business Support Structure. While fully dedicated to the Contracting Team, the Contract Manager reports directly to the Law Department.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Drafting and reviewing various procurement related agreements (including master services agreements, consulting agreements, market research agreements, confidentiality agreements, research collaboration agreements, equipment purchase and maintenance agreements, and other agreements for the procurement of goods and services within the Commercial, R&D and/or Supply Chain functions).
- Overseeing and supporting vendor negotiations for legal contract terms and conditions in close collaboration with the J&J procurement category leader and the business
- Training the community of contract champions within the contracting COE
- Facilitating internal contract approval and escalating complex legal and factual issues to the appropriate internal parties ( e.g. Johnson & Johnson Law Department, Health Care Compliance, Privacy, Finance,…)
- Ownership of templates and clause library utilized by the team and for the process to keep templates up to date
- Providing direction and guidance related to the contracting process
- Help ensure that agreements meet business needs , comply with Johnson & Johnson policies and procedures and that legal risks have been properly identified, assessed and mitigated
- Supporting the global contracting process & technology strategy as defined through broader Enterprise Standards and Productivity initiatives
Other Duties & Responsibilities
This individual will also be responsible for managing the process of keeping the various contract templates up to date. The types of contracts include (but are not limited to) master services agreements, consulting agreements, market research and outcomes research agreements, confidentiality agreements, HCC related agreements, R&D agreements, and other general agreements within the Commercial, R&D, and/or Supply Chain functions. The engagements will have financial impact that range from several thousand dollars to several million dollars.
Additionally, the Senior Contracts Manager will actively participate in identifying best practices and supporting process improvement initiatives in a continued effort to streamline contract related processes to improve turnaround times in support of an increasing client base. The Senior Contracts Manager will also partner with the Contracting Service Delivery managers to identify best practices, conduct training for contracting COE, perform audits, etc.
The Senior Contracts Manager will interact directly on a daily basis with other members of the Law Department, the broader Procurement community, Finance, Compliance functions, the end-user business partners (Commercial, R&D or Supply Chain, as applicable) functions and other internal business partners, as appropriate.
Other responsibilities include identifying and addressing training other commercial contracting related needs of internal business partners on an as needed basis.Qualifications
- Required Minimum Education: Law degree
- Required Years of Related Experience: 4 years
- Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Uncompromised requirements for the role):
- Experience in commercial contracting, preferably in the healthcare industry.
- Significant commercial contract work experience at a law firm and/or equivalent in-house experience.
- Strong team working skills - relationship management, interpersonal, communication (both written and spoken), negotiation and organizational skills.
- Strong business and analytical skills - problem solving ability.
- Strong leadership skills; ability to work well in cross functional, virtual teams in an international context.
- Capable of drafting contract terms and conditions in English, attention to detail, reviewing contracts for conformity to policies and identifying and assessing risks.
- In addition: Contract drafting review and negotiation skills in following languages are required: [to be determined based on country scope]. Other language skills are a bonus.
- Travel on the Job
- 10% of travel required:
- International (EMEA region)
- Preferred Area of Study: Legal
- Preferred Related Industry Experience: Significant transactional experience at a law firm or in-house.
- Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Current attorney license in appropriate jurisdiction
What’s in it for you…?
“Caring for the world, one person at a time…”
As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously.
As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility.
Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth.
Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.
Europe/Middle East/Africa-Czech Republic-Prague-Prague, Europe/Middle East/Africa-SwitzerlandOrganization
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)Job Function