This job is currently Archived,
Senior Contract Specialist & Procurement New York United States,
Posted on : 26 February 2017
- This position is for a proven professional procurement expert with significant experience in complex and high dollar projects/contracts.
- This position will be expected to support the company in being a cost efficient organization with high quality standards (GXP).
- This position will be responsible for a multi-million-dollar RFQs and contracts for multiple departments.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
- Drive good procurement practices throughout the organization, including implementation and adherence to the company Procurement Policy which encourages the use of Request for Proposals, regular Business Reviews, approved vendor and consultant listings, etc.
- Pre-Award Acquisition Management: Provide advice recommendations, and document preparation support to multiple disciplined offices in all areas of the acquisition pre-award phase. Acquisition pre-award management includes: SOWs & SOOs, Acquisition Strategy Support, Cost Estimates, Market Research & Market Surveys, Quality Assurance Plans, RFPs/RFQs, Source Selection, and other miscellaneous pre-award documentation.
- Award/Selection Management: Provide support to all departments world-wide in all types of source selections including formal, informal, and vendor screening processes. Sources selection/award support includes: Contract Award Documents and Contract Award Acquisition Support.
- Post-Award Acquisition Management: Provide advice, recommendations, and document support to multiple disciplined offices in all areas of the acquisition post-award phase. Acquisition post-award support includes: Contract Administration, Contract Modification Support, Delivery/Task Order Support, Invoicing, and Closeouts.
- Responsible for identifying key strategic activities related to the reduction of the cost of goods of finished commercial product
- Work to identify key capital projects that could support the mitigation of risk around the future commercial supply
- Assess and mitigate risk during all phases of contracting with Client s business areas and other internal key partners.
- Develop Requests for Information (RFI) and Requests for Proposals (RFP) for competitive bidding, and communicate terms to prospective suppliers.
- Develop supplier selection criteria and work with key stakeholders in rating competitive bid.
- Experience working with Legal and Finance team.
QUALIFICATIONS/PROFESSIONAL ACCREDITATIONS REQUIRED:
- Minimum BS in scientific discipline
- Minimum 15 years experience in Procurement and 5 years in large contracts
- Strong knowledge of current European and USA procurement practices
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Extensive experience in negotiating contracts with vendors to support best value for cost of goods for finished product
- Demonstrated skill in obtaining and analyzing product and price data for contract negotiations, and conducting comparative analysis of vendor terms and/or price quotations with historical data to develop recommendations on vendor selection, terms, or prices.
- Should be able to effectively communicate with a high volume and variety of people daily. Specialized experience includes negotiating and awarding contracts, contract modifications, and/or subcontracts, developing, preparing, and presenting terms and conditions in bids or proposals related to the awards of contracts, evaluating methods and efficiencies of allocating costs through various types of overhead and general administrative expense, experience leading and/or providing technical advice and assistance to a group of professional employees responsible for the oversight and implementation of contract administration workload to include contract closeout, pricing, negotiations and/or contract modifications.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize tasks to achieve established deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in cross functional environment
Chelsea NY United States
Find a Job Find Candidates