This job is currently Archived,
Senior Compensation Analyst Wilmington United States,
Charles River (company)
Posted on : 24 May 2017
Participate in the planning, development and execution of both domestic and global compensation programs, including base pay, merit, incentive and stock grant programs. Conduct research, analyze data and prepare recommendations requiring a broad understanding of compensation techniques, methods and practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct job evaluations to determine level, title and FLSA status.
- Establish/confirm salary grade based on internal equity and labor market data from salary surveys. Ensure internal equity across business lines.
- Participate in and use published salary surveys in evaluating jobs for market comparisons.
- Analyze survey data to determine Company position against market.
- Review labor market conditions and Company goals to formulate recommendations on compensation programs, salary structures, merit matrix and pay guidelines. Ensure that structures and matrices are both internally equitable within business groups and competitive within the labor marketplace.
- Assist in the administration and analysis of the Company s stock plans.
- Provide assistance in reviews, comparative studies and recommendations for employee compensation programs during mergers and acquisition activities.
- Conduct annual market pay analysis and present findings and conclusions to management. Recommend actions to address market misalignment.
- Assist managers and HR colleagues with the preparation/editing of job descriptions to reflect job responsibilities, activities, duties and requirements and ensure they conform to Company standards and are non-discriminatory per federal/state statutes.
- Recommend and assist in the development of annual salary structures and merit matrices for all domestic sites. Ensure that the approved salary structures and merit matrices are posted on i Connect.
- Act as internal staff consultant for line and staff management on compensation matters, by providing compensation and organizational development recommendations to management in reorganization of departments, establishment of positions, determination of promotions and salaries and other related matters.
- Maintain a functional system for job descriptions for all active positions, ensuring accuracy and inclusiveness.
- Formulate basic recommendations regarding development of company salary structure, FLSA exemptions, job revisions and the like.
- Develop employee and management communication materials regarding the Company s compensation programs. Update Compensation information on iConnect.
- Recommend, evaluate, and aid in the design of incentive programs as needed.
- Design compensation analysis tools, including Excel and Access models.
- Perform special research and analysis projects, as requested.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in human resources management or related discipline.
- Experience: Five to seven years related experience with a minimum of five years direct experience with compensation functions.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: CCP and PHR certifications preferred.
- Other: Strong analytical skills required. Must have high-level proficiency with building and manipulating Excel workbooks. Proficiency utilizing MS office and HRIS systems, and in preparing and delivering presentations. Experience with PeopleFluent, PeopleSoft and MarketPay preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our company is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet
Find a Job Find Candidates