Senior Clinical Research Scientist - United States
Would you like to be part of a dynamic organization who enable health care professionals to improve the lives of their patients in ophthalmology, microsurgery and other medical growth sectors?
The Senior Clinical Research Scientist is responsible for the day-to-day planning, execution, analysis, and reporting of clinical tests of prototype and current production instruments, as well as competitive instruments.
Senior Clinical Research Scientist
- Design clinical studies for the purpose of assessing the performance of current products, of products under development or modification, and of competitors’ products.
- Plan, perform, and manage off-site and on-site clinical studies.
- Compile, analyze, and report results of clinical studies. With some supervision, draw conclusions from analyses.
- Participate in development of new instruments and the improvement of existing instruments. Troubleshoot prototypes and current production instruments.
- Maintain computer and statistical skills consistent with needs of position.
- Maintain clinical competence with Carl Zeiss Meditec products.
- Provide technical support to marketing personnel, answering customers’ questions, giving instruction in operation of Carl Zeiss Meditec products. Assist in the writing of users’ manuals and other publications.
- Maintain knowledge of corporate guidelines for Good Clinical Research Practices and of IRB procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Degree in medicine or optometry preferred.
- At least five (5) years experience in clinical research and in handling subjects and patients in a clinical research setting.
- Ability to interact professionally in the medical environment.
With more than 25,000 employees, ZEISS is one of the global leaders in the optical and optoelectronic industries and has been contributing to technological progress for 170 years. ZEISS develops and distributes lithography optics, measuring technology, microscopes, medical technology, eyeglass lenses, camera and cine lenses, binoculars and planetarium technology.
If you are interested in this position, please send us your application using the link at the bottom of this page.
We are an EEO/AAA/Veterans/Disabled employer