Senior. Clinical Development Manager - China
|Senior. Clinical Development Manager|
(1) Provides line management support for Clinical Development Officers including PM process, succession planning, merit process. In collaboration with Clinical Development Director (CDD).
- Set objectives (aligned with local and region).
- Ensure Performance Management (PM) plans are created for direct reports.
- Review progress of performance plans through PM.
- Ensure coaching and supervision of the clinical operations staff.
- Recognize and reward direct reports proactively.
- Monitor work/ life balance.
(2) Responsible for staff recruitment, development and retention- according to affiliate and Clinical Development Organization objectives, leverage diversity of our people and collaborators( experience, ethnicity, thought, gender, geography, etc. ) to thrive in a networked environment. In collaboration with CDD:
- Ensure training program is in place for direct reports.
- Ensure development plans are created for direct reports.
- Contribute to the Clin. Ops. Succession planning.
(3) Conflict resolution, issue management and appropriate escalation.
(1) Responsible for the delivery of all local, reginal, and corporate portfolio commitments/ milestones for sites, trials and geography within responsibility.
(2) Responsible for enrollment to plan.
(3) Create a culture focused on outcomes and individual accountability with reward and recogntition linked to delivery of results.
C. Operational Expertise:
(1) Resource management of CDO.
(2) Responsible for clinical trial planning management and risk management.
(3) Responsible for establishing operational processes, implementation of shared learning and best practices and development of staff.
(4) Work with CDD, to
- Ensure staff curriculum vitae, job descriptions and individual Training Plans (ITPs) are current.
- Ensure staff training compliance and assess department training needs.
- Ensure staff adherence to compliance, procurement, Global Medical Standards and Procedures, ICH Good Clinical Practice
and applicable regulations.
- Ensure staff manages the accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of data in IMPACT.
D. Relationship and Business management:
(1) Liaise with other departments across Lilly in order to deliver on Clinical Operation goals.
(2) Awareness of affiliate business functions and strategy.
(3) Effective and integrated management of partnerships.
(4) Relationship with external environment.
(5) Contribution to the Business Planning in context of country/area.
(6) Responsible for the Final Patient Allocation process, incl. site feasibility, selection and approval.
(7) Promote site prospecting.
(8) Identify and analyze operational/ process problems, mark timely, and appropriate proposals for solutions and decisions to management.
(9) Contribute to and partner with the local medical organization to delivery on department goals.
(10) Drive implementation of best practices and process improvements.
(11) In collaboration with the CDD solicit input about staff and investigator feedback, ensure appropriate venue for staff communication, and encourage behavior conducive to teamwork.
(12) Encourage direct reports to utilize metrics date in order to assess the current status of the clinical program, to monitor progress, and to seek opportunities for improvement over time. 35451BR
|Solid experience of clinical Operation Business. |
- Capabilities to manage culture diversity.
- Understanding of local/ regional business.
- Good English language skills.
- Strong planning and organization skills.
- Flexibility to manage different responsibilities and prioritize.
- Strong problem solving skills and initiative.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Conflict solution.
- Networking across Multiple functions (internal and external)
- Result focused.
- Good people management skills and ability to coach staff either directly through people management or through project management.