ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Qualify bids and scopes of work with sponsors to ensure appropriate service is provided.
- Follow up with clients to ensure that proposals are complete and answer their needs.
- Creatively identify ways to secure open proposals by working with scientific staff, finance, management and others.
- Identify new business opportunities with sponsors and liaise with appropriate internal staff for follow-up.
- Develop and/or review Letter of Payment Authorization for accuracy.
- Prepare sale price estimates for protocols, bid requests, study revisions and additions using site’s suggested selling price.
- Provide pricing and other support for the Global Account Teams.
- Review and approve bid and proposal packages within authorized limits.
- Assist in monitoring sale pricing practices to determine accuracy and relevance to study type, service and operation processes.
- Assist in making recommendations on desirable proposals based on established financial and operational criteria, as required.
- Work with Account Management to determine scientific staff travel to sponsors.
- Ensure that scientific staff visiting sponsors are fully informed about clients needs.
- Ensure all required legal documents are in place.
- Coordinate and facilitate proposal and/or letter of authorization processes to ensure smooth and timely business process flow by working with the marketing, scientific and finance staff.
- Interact with scheduling or project management groups to identify the dates for study or service initiation and assist with needs as required. .
- Assist with updating and maintaining applicable databases.
- Assist with client visits, including giving company tours and presentations.
- May provide direct daily supervision and review work of limited assigned departmental employees to ensure accuracy and adherence to pertinent departmental policies, practices, and procedures [SOPs, safety procedures and biosafety protocols]. Schedule and prioritize workload of assigned group.
- Identify possible efficiencies for work stream of Client Services group, including coordination with other internal groups.
- Serve as a mentor and trainer to less experienced Client Services team members.
- Assist in the tracking and development of Key Performance Indicators within the Client Services department.
- May assist in the interview and selection of qualified personnel. May assist in developing recommendations regarding personnel actions, including hiring, promotions and raises.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in science, business, or marketing or related discipline.
- Experience: 5-7 years related experience in business management, marketing, project management, or communications within a technical environment (e.g., biotech, pharmaceutical, medical device company, hospital, or laboratory). Experience in a contract research and/or pharmaceutical setting preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Other: Capable of working with a minimum of supervision, able to handle multiple tasks, and effectively prioritize based on departmental goals. Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Organizational skills and attention to detail required. Proficient in word processing, spreadsheet, and database software. Ability to work effectively and efficiently to meet deadlines. Understanding of business/sales process required.