Senior Chassis Design Engineer - United Kingdom
- Our company is a global provider of pioneering engineering, research and test services to the automotive, defense, aerospace and rail sectors.
- We work in close collaboration with vehicle manufacturers and suppliers around the world, providing comprehensive support ranging from individual product tests to turnkey engineering design, development and build programmes.
- With over 70 years’ experience in developing some of the world’s most iconic vehicles, our engineers utilize the latest test facilities and simulation tools to make vehicles and journeys safer, cleaner, more efficient and rewarding.
- The Simulation and Design team comprises specialist resources addressing the needs of complex simulation of structures, fluids and thermal behavior as well as design support of our vehicle development projects, deploying industry-standard software as required by our customers in all areas of our work.
- Opportunities are arising for our company to recruit and deploy experienced chassis design engineers to support vehicle development for a major automotive OEM.
- This continues our company's recent strategy of linking design resources to customers' requirements in a flexible way, making full use of the back-up and experience available at our company's Nuneaton base.
- Significant experience of a chassis engineering CAD role in the automotive industry.
- Good visualization and engineering skills covering all aspects of chassis systems
- Working knowledge of the design process ideally including generating 3D models & 2D detailed drawings, component and system design, engineering calculations, supplier and customer liaison, involvement in processes of testing and verification
- Experienced in working with other design teams to ensure integration and package requirements are met.
- Good communicator and comfortable working in a multi-disciplined team
- An understanding of risk management
- Confident in making and defending data driven decisions
- Happy to work in a flexible way to support the delivery of overall project objectives
- Good working knowledge of OEM and / or automotive development requirements
- experience in chassis engineering across a range of vehicles
- experienced in releasing parts and developing a BOM (Bill of Materials)
- Use of CATIA design software in an automotive design environment
- Use of a proprietary PDM system, TeamCenter or Enovia
- Degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant engineering discipline.