Senior Brand Manager, Specialist Brands Division - United Kingdom
- We have an exciting opportunity for a dedicated, experienced Brand Manager within the Pharma sector to join the Specialist Brands Sales & Marketing team as a Senior Brand Manager, to promote holistic market access/public affairs work at a national level for our successful Transplantation portfolio of products within the UK Specialist Brands division.
- You will be responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of product specific marketing plans in conjunction with senior marketing personnel to achieve both short and long term business objectives, including sales and profitability targets, in accordance with the company strategic marketing plan.
- Our company is the Sales & Marketing affiliate for the UK market. Our company is market leaders in Transplant, Oncology and Urology, with a significant presence in Anti-Infectives & Pain. The workforce currently stands at approximately 250 employees .
- You will be responsible for embedding Compliance Culture across all Regions of the business ensuring Integrity in Action is actively applied in all initiatives.
- Ensure Sales and Marketing: Specialist Brands Function(s) strictly adopt a culture of ethics and compliance; leading by example and appropriately challenging non-compliance.
- You will ensure adherence to company policies relating to Ethics and Compliance standards and interactions with Healthcare Professionals (HCPs), Healthcare Organisations (HCOs) and Patient Organisations (POs).
- You will have overall responsibility for the allocated product/therapy area.
- Responsible for total product associated expenditure, and sign off of purchase orders to agreed limits.
- You will have the ability to own priorities daily and acts on own initiative within specific confines of legal and procedural framework (product licenses, Company contracts, APBI code of practice).
- Responsibility for setting the product strategy for the product(s) for the field force, in line with senior management and the whole portfolio.
- Ensuring that they are implemented in terms of monitoring.
- Effectively and efficiently network across all departments e.g. Sales, Medical, Medical information, Healthcare Compliance, European Marketing and Senior Management.
- Support the production of robust product specific marketing plans which deliver sales and profitability targets, within agreed allocated budget.
- As well as develop robust tactical implementation plans in conjunction with relevant internal stakeholders, including senior sales manager
- You will develop, source and ensure fulfilment of appropriate branding/support materials within agreed timelines and budgetary parameters.
- You will contribute, in conjunction with senior marketing personnel to the analysis of the potential for current and future products through the effective use of robust modelling/forecasting methods and risk analysis.
- Monitor and control budgets within area of responsibility.
- Produce robust business cases to justify additional funding or changes in use of funds.
- Establish robust systems for the development of national key opinion leaders within the relevant therapeutic areas, and to have monitors in place to review activities.
- Prepare marketing plans which comply with company standards and the ABPI Code of Practice.
Skills & Experience Required
- Pharma sector experience with strong customer focus; in multi-disciplinary, matrix and cross-cultural settings.
- Track record of successfully launching/growing pharmaceutical brands within the UK market
- Successful track record of selling products as a sales/hospital/NHS representative
- Detailed knowledge of NHS policies, structures and processes.
- Ability to assimilate product, market and environmental data and form a cohesive strategic brand plan
- Excellent planning and time management skills, and evidence of competence in job related areas.
- People skills, effective communication, and interpersonal skills.
- High standard of oral and written communication, including well developed presentation skills.
- Ability to explain brand plan and influence sales team to implement operational plan effectively
- Working with agencies to ensure that all operational activities are completed on time and within budget
- Ability to work with European Brand Team to ensure that UK Strategic Plan links to European strategy.
- Excellent numerical and Analytical skills
- In depth knowledge of the product, the competitors pertinent to relevant therapy area Key External Experts info. And marketplace.
- Sound understanding of clinical and market information
- Degree in health or business related subject or equivalent qualification. Marketing or Business Qualification preferred.
- ABPI qualified.
- Demonstrable examples of ability to develop, coach and enable high performance teams and proactively promote best practice and knowledge sharing.
- Proven ability to influence, (appropriately) challenge and engage diverse senior stakeholders.
- Fluent in written and verbal business English
- A challenging and diversified job in an international setting
- Good career opportunities
- Inspiring work climate
- Attractive remuneration package