Senior Brand Manager, Oncology - United Kingdom
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
We are seeking an individual that is patient focused and passionate about making a difference to patient lives, whom can use their expertise to optimize our existing business. We are looking for a motivated, driven, customer focused, proactive Brand Manager with the ability to inspire, influence and engage with a diverse range of senior stakeholders to join the UK Oncology Marketing team as a Senior Brand Manager to take Astellas forward into our exciting future.
Astellas has an established heritage in developing novel medicines in complex disease areas. Recently, Astellas has expanded its attention to include unmet medical needs in Oncology. Astellas’ approach is to look to develop targeted treatments for patients with specific disease profiles, identify modes of action with wide application and to build on its established scientific leadership in areas such as urology. Astellas aims to deliver first in class and/or best in class treatments for cancer patients.
You will be responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of product specific marketing plans in conjunction with senior marketing personnel to achieve both short and long term business objectives, including sales and profitability targets, in accordance with the Astellas strategic marketing plan.
Astellas Pharma Ltd was founded in 2005 after the merger of Yamanouchi and Fujisawa. APL is also the largest Japanese pharma company in the UK.
Your role as Senior Oncology Brand Manager
Office based – Chertsey, Surrey
You will be responsible for embedding Compliance Culture across all Regions of the business ensuring Integrity in Action is actively applied in all initiatives. Ensure Oncology Function(s) strictly adopt a culture of ethics and compliance; leading by example and appropriately challenging non-compliance.
You will ensure adherence to Astellas policies relating to Ethics and Compliance standards and interactions with Healthcare Professionals (HCPs), Healthcare Organisations (HCOs) and Patient Organisations (POs).
You will have overall responsibility for the allocated product/therapy area. Responsible for total product associated expenditure, and sign off of purchase orders to agreed limits.
You will have the ability to own priorities daily and acts on own initiative within specific confines of legal and procedural framework (product licenses, Company contracts, APBI code of practice).
With responsibility for setting the product strategy for the product(s) for the field force, in line with senior management and the whole portfolio. Ensuring that they are implemented in terms of monitoring.
Effectively and efficiently networking across all departments e.g. Sales, Medical, Medical information, Healthcare Compliance, European Marketing and Senior Management.
To support the production of robust product specific marketing plans which deliver sales and profitability targets, within agreed allocated budget. As well as develop robust tactical implementation plans in conjunction with relevant internal stakeholders, including senior sales managers.
You will develop, source and ensure fulfilment of appropriate branding/support materials within agreed timelines and budgetary parameters.
You will contribute, in conjunction with senior marketing personnel to the analysis of the potential for current and future products through the effective use of robust modelling/forecasting methods and risk analysis.
Monitor and control budgets within area of responsibility.
Produce robust business cases to justify additional funding or changes in use of funds.
Establish robust systems for the development of national key opinion leaders within the relevant therapeutic areas, and to have monitors in place to review activities.
Prepare marketing plans which comply with company standards and the ABPI Code of Practice.
Comply with the Astellas Way and Astellas Competences, in terms of expected values and behaviors, Astellas’ HR policies, procedures and guidelines.
Skills & Experience Required
- Pharma sector experience with strong customer focus; in multi-disciplinary, matrix and cross-cultural settings.
- Track record of successfully launching/growing pharmaceutical brands within the UK market
- Successful track record of selling products as a sales/hospital/NHS representative
- Detailed knowledge of NHS policies, structures and processes.
- Ability to assimilate product, market and environmental data and form a cohesive strategic brand plan
- Excellent planning and time management skills, and evidence of competence in job related areas.
- People skills, effective communication, and interpersonal skills.
- High standard of oral and written communication, including well developed presentation skills.
- Ability to explain brand plan and influence sales team to implement operational plan effectively
- Working with agencies to ensure that all operational activities are completed on time and within budget
- Ability to work with European Brand Team to ensure that UK Strategic Plan links to European strategy.
- Excellent numerical and Analytical skills
- In depth knowledge of the product, the competitors pertinent to relevant therapy area Key External Experts info. And marketplace.
- Sound understanding of clinical and market information
- Degree in health or business related subject or equivalent qualification. Marketing or Business Qualification preferred.
- ABPI qualified.
- Demonstrable examples of ability to develop, coach and enable high performance teams and proactively promote best practice and knowledge sharing.
- Proven ability to influence, (appropriately) challenge and engage diverse senior stakeholders.
- Fluent in written and verbal business English
· A challenging and diversified job in an international setting
· Good career opportunities
· Inspiring work climate
· Attractive remuneration package