SENIOR BRAND DIRECTOR, URO-ONCOLOGY
|Location: Based at the EMEA Operations Headquarters - Chertsey, Surrey, UK |
Purpose of the Position:
- Lead the cross functional Uro-Oncology Brand Teams ensuring close alignment with Global and regional functional partners, and affiliates
- Partner with affiliates to understand and address their needs and requirements, both in terms of strategic support and activities (co-creation)
- Lead the strategic development of the prostate cancer European patient journey and the country roll-out at the account level
- Lead the development and implementation of European strategy and co-create with affiliates tactics based on the patient journey for current and new indications to include and not limited to launch roadmap, country launch sequence, pre-marketing strategy and tactics (incl. pt services), pricing and reimbursement for new indications
- Lead, Coach and Develop a team of 3 Marketers
Core Tasks, Responsibilities and Authority:
- Embed Compliance Culture across all Regions of the business ensuring Integrity in Action is actively applied in all initiatives.
- Ensure Oncology Function strictly adopt a culture of ethics and compliance; leading by example and appropriately challenging non-compliance.
- Ensure adherence to Astellas policies relating to Ethics and Compliance standards and interactions with Healthcare Professionals (HCPs), Healthcare Organisations (HCOs) and Patient Organisations (POs).
Brand Management and Strategy
- Act as the acknowledged driver of the Brand and the patient journey within the APEL organization, leading the Brand in a clearly communicated and decisive manner.
- Lead the Uro-oncology cross-functional Brand team having responsibility for the training and motivation of immediate reports.
- Lead the co-creation efforts of Brand team for customer initiatives with affiliates based on the patient journey (e.g., promotional tools, International meetings, public relations internal communications, etc.) to maximise product sales potential.
- Assimilate scientific, clinical and pharmacological data to create innovative positioning and promotional strategies to ensure effective differentiation of the product from competitors.
- Drive the development and implementation of the Brand strategy which both maximises market share and revenue growth in the territory.
- C. 3 direct reports
- Financial responsibility: Budget of up to Euro 18 million annually
- Management/Colleagues in EMEA, Americas, Japan and Asia.
- Fosters a culture where everything is done to enhance value to patients. Intentional about meeting/exceeding customer expectations (internal/external).
- Leads the strategic planning process to drive breakthrough initiatives that support Astellas’ strategy.
- Strategic thinking skills to create a robust business case, analyse commercial and business information and devise strategy.
- Comprehensive understanding of corporate strategy, business administration, F&A, R&D and manufacturing technologies.
Innovation & Change:
- Acts as ambassador for change; able to embrace/persuade to secure sponsorship, commitment and innovation.
- Demonstrates thought leadership and an environment able to generate and harness new ideas and/or ways of working.
- Strong leadership presence; drives business practices that transform and enable high-performance teams to deliver sustainable results.
- Sound judgment, objectivity and decision making skills; overcomes set-backs/challenges. Creates a culture of personal and corporate accountability, addresses non-compliance.
- Flexibility and mental agility necessary to analyze complex problems and develop sound recommendation to mitigate functional/ business risk.
- IT literate; able to utilize MS Office and virtual collaboration tools, database, compliance systems/applications, online knowledge repositories etc.
Communication & Collaboration:
- Creates common purpose: seeks ideas, input. Challenges and facilitates robust solutions.
- Establishes strong network with diverse people/functions in multi-disciplinary settings and regions (EMEA, Americas, Japan and Asia).
- Ability to secure commitment from senior sponsors (local/international) and stakeholders (i.e. projects, budgets and resources).
- Strong presentation, communication, influencing and mgmt. reporting skills (compliance, qualitative/quantitative updates, risks/corrective action etc.) for diverse internal and/or external audience.
Developing & Inspiring:
- Proactively develops talent, coaches and empowers for success. Anticipates future skills, deployment and strategic resource planning.
- Experienced in managing within global virtual and matrix organization (indirect and functional reporting).
Working as One Astellas:
- Acts as an ambassador of ethics and compliance locally/internationally. Incorporates cross-cultural perspectives when addressing challenging situations.
- Respectful, natural coach. High integrity.
- Pharma sector experience with strong customer focus; in multi-disciplinary, matrix and cross-cultural settings.
- Multi-year International marketing experience
- Track-record of leading multi-year strategic planning process: strategic, organizational and problem-solving history to deliver sustained results.
- Proven healthcare compliance expertise ; to understand and comply with industry laws and regulations.
- Proven leadership and people management experience including commitment to develop, coach and enable high performance standards.
- Proven ability to influence diverse senior stakeholders.
- Fluent in written and verbal business English
- Post graduate qualification such as MBA and/or MSc or equivalent is highly desirable.
| || || || || || || |