Senior Bioinformatics Software Developer - India
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is the world leader in plant biotechnology area including discovery, development and delivery of elite crop genetics.
- Our company is aggressively building Big Data and Predictive Analytics capabilities in order to deliver improved services to our customers.
- We are currently seeking Senior Bioinformatics Software Developer at the company Knowledge Center in Hyderabad, India for our global Data Science and Informatics group.
- You’ll become part of a work environment that nurtures your interests, ignites your passion, creates opportunities to serve and helps you attain success–both personally and professionally. The hiring level will be commensurate with the level of experience.
- This is a critical position with the potential to make immediate, significant impact on our business.
- The successful candidate will have an extensive background in computer science and bioinformatics through courses or academic degrees, and proven experience in bioinformatics software development.
- We are looking for those creative, smart, model driven, agile individuals who enjoy giving their all to tackle diverse software needs.
Duties / Responsibilities
- The senior bioinformatics software developer will work within agile Software Development teams to design, implement and validate bioinformatics software based on business-driven requirements.
- The successful candidate will work closely with the software architect, test engineer and product owners to implement production quality bioinformatics software solutions, implement rich multitier web solutions that are aligned with and extend shared platforms and solutions.
- The candidate will also research and identify patterns, toolkit and services that support a well-designed service oriented architecture on all of company's internal software as well as work with various software teams to support adoption of these tools and services.
- The candidate will be part of a diverse team of experimental biologists, computational biologists and software developers.
- A critical aspect of this position involves working with global teams across multiple locations.
- Communication and team work are key elements of this role; excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Master Degree in Bioinformatics, Computational biology, Scientific Computing or related field
- 3-5 years of Post-Master’s experience in Bioinformatics software development
- Proven experience developing high throughput bioinformatics applications
- Strong proven experience in Python programming language in Linux environment
- Proven High Performance computing experience (LSF/SGE/OGE)
- Exposure in code versioning and repository management (GIT/SVN)
- Proven experience in Bioinformatics algorithm development
- Deep understanding in Bioinformatics tools, data types
- Familiarity working in a scientific computing environment (NumPy, SciPy, Pandas etc.)
- Familiarity working with Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure)
- Ability to demonstrate solid analytical skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Experience in relational databases and data structures
- Proven experience working with teams using agile software development methodologies and processes
- Familiarity with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Familiarity with build tools (Jenkins, make, ANT, Maven)
- Exposure to project management tools (JIRA, Confluence, RED MINE, etc.)