Senior Big Data Developer Job - Czechia
MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Join us in the digital health revolution and tackle biggest opportunities and challenges at the intersection of healthcare, information and technology. Become a member of our IT Global Innovation Center in the heart of Prague with innovative atmosphere and flat, friendly and collaborative environment. Create awesome digital products and enjoy a reward that technology careers don’t often bring: the satisfaction of helping to save lives.
In the health-care and pharmaceutical industries, data growth is generated from several sources, including the R&D process itself, retailers, patients, and manufacturing. Effectively utilizing these data will help pharmaceutical companies better identify new potential drug candidates and develop them faster. Having data that are consistent, reliable, and well linked is one of the biggest challenges facing pharmaceutical R&D.
As a Senior Big Data Developer you will
• Become member of a product team that delivers applications to internal users
• Be part of the growing Hadoop community of 35+ specialist
• Design and implementation of software product (BigData related) including data models and visualisations
• Develop Big Data solutions on top of Hadoop and Teradata
• Development, testing and automation of developed solutions
• Write technical documentation including, but not limited to high level architecture diagrams
What we need:
• Hands-on experience with modern Hadoop (we use HDP 2.4)
• Experience with Data Warehouse architecture
• Experience with Data Modeling (SAP Power Designer)
• Java (we use Java 8)
• Git, Jira
• Interest in newest technologies and willingness to learn
• Agile and Lean Product Development mindset
What you will learn
• Big Data application in Pharmaceutical business
• Communication with various stakeholders
• Development in various languages including Java, R, Python, Bash, SQL
• Enterprise Data Warehouse
Job: Engineering, Development & Integration Job Title:Sr. Spclst, Eng., Dev. & Integration
Primary Location: EMEA-Czech Republic-Prague-Prague
Other Locations: EMEA-Czech Republic
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: Database, Developer, Warehouse, Pharmaceutical, Product Development, Technology, Manufacturing, Science, Research