Senior Automation Engineer - Ireland
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- This position can be based from any company Manufacturing Site in Ireland and from key Manufacturing Sites in Europe.
- The Senior Automation Engineer (Europe) will be responsible for project management of various scale manufacturing automation projects to ensure the projects are delivered of high quality, within cost and on schedule.
- This includes following the project through all phases of a project life-cycle including concept, requirements, design, testing, installation, qualification and training. It will involve working closely with the customer, technical staff, other engineering groups and the management of suppliers to ensure a successful implementation.
- Major Projects include automating production of key company products in all three areas of company Manufacturing:
- And employing technologies including:
- Distributed Control Systems (DCS)
- Supervisory Control Systems (SCADA)
- Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES)
- Process Data Management Systems
- Process Data Analytics Systems
- IT Integration Services
- An engineering degree or comparable engineering/ manufacturing experience.
- Experience and accomplishments in the implementation and project management of manufacturing automation/ execution systems.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to participate in and lead highly effective teams.
- Ability to become influential in his/her area demonstrated by suitable technical degrees and/or experience.
- Ability to work with all levels of business customers in a highly dynamic environment.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills in motivating staff and customers in the achievement of shared objectives.
- High personal integrity, credibility, and energy.
- Ability to integrate diverse initiatives across systems development groups, business and client organizations, and infrastructure areas.
- Experience and in-depth understanding of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and application systems development.
- Good project management experience in relation to scope, cost, and schedule control of large automation capital projects.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering/Computer Science is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years manufacturing or related experience is required.
- Experience with automation systems for pharmaceutical, biological or bulk-manufacturing facilities is required.
- Candidates may also be considered from other regulated industries such as medical devices and the food industry (or equivalent).
- 2+ years in automation or Information Technology is strongly preferred.
- In-depth understanding of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and applications systems development is required.
- Other information technology experiences a plus.
- Candidates should be familiar with the application of SDLC Methodology and computer validation concepts.
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job Segment: Pharmaceutical, Data Management, Computer Science, Medical, Animal Health, Science, Data, Technology, Healthcare, Veterinary