Senior Associate Scientist – Assay Development - United States
- The Therapeutic Discovery organization is seeking a talented and motivated individual to join the Bioassay & Profiling group within the Discovery Technology department in Cambridge, MA.
- The successful candidate will be expected to work independently in the lab and will be responsible for collaborating with supervisor to devise assay development strategies and to reduce ideas to practice.
- The successful candidate will develop & implement validated biochemical, cell-based and pharmacological assays to drive our drug discovery efforts, particularly in the enablement of high-throughput screening (HTS), hit characterization & lead optimization.
- The successful candidate will collaborate closely with other researchers, including line manager, to accomplish project-related goals & deliverables.
- Additional responsibilities will include development & maintenance of cell lines, verifying the activity of purified proteins, profiling the activity of ligands in various assays as well as analyzing & organizing data on behalf of research teams across multiple sites.
- The successful candidate will stay current with field of expertise, including scientific literature and novel technologies.
- Master’s degree and 3 years scientific expereince
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of scientific experience
- Pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry experience in basic drug discovery research.
- Familiarity with molecular biology, physiology & pharmacology of diverse target classes and an ability to resolve scientific & technical challenges on early-stage drug discovery projects.
- Proven expertise in protein & cellular reagent generation & qualification as well as broad experience in the development & implementation of cell-based (e.g., second messenger, reporter gene) and biochemical (e.g., radioligand binding, protein-protein interaction, enzymatic activity) assays in 384- or 1536-well microtiter plate format.
- Hands-on experience in the advanced operation of fluorescence/luminescence microtiter plate readers (e.g., FLIPR, EnVision, TopCount) and automated liquid handling systems (e.g., Bravo, Vprep, Echo, Washer/Dispenser II) in the context of HTS, hit characterization & lead optimization for multiple target classes.
- Experience using HTS-related data analysis software such as Screener, Spotfire, Pipeline Pilot.
- Ability to execute high quality experiments independently and to explain & communicate results to team colleagues while paying attention to project timelines & priorities.
- Highly motivated & enthusiastic team player demonstrating flexibility, a willingness to learn & a great sense of urgency.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal as well as verbal & written communication skills.
- Our company focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives.
- A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, our company has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
- Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.